Lead Data Analyst, Reference Data
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: What will you be doing?
What will you need?
- You would be working with Analytics, Trade Floor and Data Operations to onboard new reference datasets and unlock them for research and analysis
- You would work with the business, understand their use cases, business workflows and clearly communicate them to the engineers
- You will organize the book of work for the team and ensure that as a team, we deliver high quality solutions to our customers
- You will collaborate with business and technology to work on strategic data management initiatives
- You have a deep understanding of Financial Instruments. You understand the structure of complex derivatives (e.g. multi legged swap with variable payment schedules) and how such instruments are valued and traded.
- You have a record of accomplishment of solving complex data problems, design solutions and understand cross-functional data flows
- You are passionate about Data and Data Management and drive adoption of better data management practices within the team. You educate others on Data Taxonomy, Ontology and Symbology. You dislike ambiguity in definition of terms.
- You believe in specification by example and build small prototypes to validate ideas and clarify understanding
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or equivalent
- 8-10 yearsâ€™ experience in Financial Services/Asset Management industry, preferably in a data intensive role in Middle Office, Asset Setup, Reference Data, Compliance or similar function
- Intermediate to Expert level SQL and Excel. Some exposure to VBA, Python or other prototyping languages.
- Ability to organize at scale and keep multiple projects, deadlines and milestones in flight.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work with a geographically diverse team
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office