Portfolio Manager, Short Term Desk
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is currently searching for a Portfolio Manager focused on short-duration credit, structured product, and traditional liquidity management asset classes. This individual will work with and report to the Head of PIMCO's short term desk and likely be based in our Newport Beach, California location. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strong trading and/or portfolio management background, broadly including corporate bonds, US and non-US Agency/Supranational securities, and asset-backed securities. Understanding of short-term risk markets, operational fundamentals, and theoretical portfolio construction capabilities as well as a solid macroeconomic foundation are essential.
- Initial responsibilities will be focused on managing daily trading of liquidity/short-dated assets for portfolios, but will evolve to support portfolio construction and product development.
- Assist with cash management and short-duration mandate optimization efforts, as well as a global cash optimization efficiency.
- Generate alpha-adding ideas in real time across multiple products.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a significant plus
- Minimum 2-4 years' work experience
- Knowledge of fixed income products, with a focus on liquidity products and short-dated credit opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to generate ideas and strategies to enhance portfolio returns and mitigate risk
- Strong academic credentials and achievement
- Solid experience including deep involvement in both the operations and execution sides of operations
- Demonstrated experience working as a liaison between groups
- Desired experience may come from sell- or buy side or both
- A keen intellect and strong quantitative skills, demonstrated through an ability to simultaneously recognize interrelated market opportunities and develop strategies for capturing those opportunities
- Understanding of macroeconomics and the drivers of economic trends
- Ability to work across the organization in a collaborative manner
- Strong communication skills, internally and externally
- Ambitious and competitive with a strong work ethic
- Combined strength of convictions with low-ego needs
- Ability to remain calm and objective in the face of periods of excessive optimism or extreme pessimism in the capital markets
- Unassailable ethics and integrity
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office