Senior Data Analyst
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are looking to level-up our analytical capacity. You will be part of a small but influential team with broad responsibility to perform trend analyses, predictive analytics and in-depth modeling to refine our forecasts of Assets under Management ("AUM"), revenue and AUM-driven expenses for all domestic and global operations. You will partner with senior leaders across the firm to understand and illustrate the financial health of the business and provide key insights that shape our strategic direction. The right person for this role is self-motivated, innovative and solution-oriented with solid communication and problem solving skills. Those who are naturally curious, data-driven, and expert communicators will excel in this role. Attention to detail, accountability, and flexibility are essential.
What you'll be doing:
- Proactively identify and execute on deep-dive analyses of current and historical business/industry trends
- Independently build and continually refine scalable predictive models and perform in-depth trend analyses to inform forecasts and present insights to senior management using SQL, Python or R
- Increase our analytical capabilities, Identify key model/forecast drivers and provide valuable insights to senior management that promote data-driven strategic decision-making
- Identify new data sources to discover insights within our data and/or in combination with external data
- Work closely with technology infrastructure teams to source and refine raw data for your models
- Build relationship with teams across the firm to research and resolve questions, and to further your understanding of the business to improve modelling and analyses
- Maintain, update and continually improve upon sophisticated business models for monthly and quarterly reporting, ad hoc analysis and forecasting
- Tackle special projects, ad-hoc reporting, and analyses
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement through automation
- Minimum of two years of experience as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist or similar role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Finance or similar. Master's degree is a plus.
- Ability to build predictive models in Python or R and to source data using SQL, OBI or other tools
- Experience using machine learning and statistical packages such as Pandas, Matlab, SciKit Learn.
- Proficiency in modeling/forecasting in Excel as needed
- Passion for data-driven decision-making, a natural curiosity, a desire to pursue continual improvement and the tenacity to implement it
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment as well as work independently with little supervision.
- Proactive, resourceful and motivated to seek additional work when tasks are completed and to go above-and-beyond to help the team
- Experience and ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks, challenges, and deadlines
- Experience in the Asset Management industry is a plus
- Experience using Oracle EPM/Hyperion/Essbase or other planning system is a plus but not required
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office