Senior Software Developer, Alternatives
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We're looking for a strong software engineer with excellent Python skills to work closely with Portfolio Managers and Analytics teams. This is a great opportunity to contribute and build our next generation analytics platform for Private Investments.
- Partner with Private Side PM and Analytics to understand Pricing and Risk Demands
- Convert into technology solutions in an iterative fashion.
- 5+ years of software development experience with a demonstrated track record of software engineering in the financial services space (fixed income or equities trading technology development experience preferred).
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related technical field
- Deep knowledge of Python (version 3)
- Exposure to data structures and algorithms, OOP and design patterns
- Experience building reusable components
- Expertise in REST APIs, WebSockets, Messaging, Caching
- Experience with data modeling, relational and NO SQL databases
- AWS, Docker, GitHub familiarity preferred
- Domain knowledge and prior exposure to Alternatives or Mortgage Pricing advantageous
- Exposure to Beacon/Athena/Quarts/Sec DB a decided advantage
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office