We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
We are seeking a hardworking application developer to join our team. Building on top of PIMCO's modern cloud-based solution infrastructure, we develop and maintain the central applications, platforms and tools that are the backbone of PIMCO's trading and portfolio management processes by maximizing scalable technology solutions provided by PIMCO's core engineering team. Dedicated to supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion and acceptance, at PIMCO we work to create an environment where all our people can be their authentic selves. We strive to heighten our employees' appreciation for diverse perspectives and skills, facilitating increased collaboration and enhancing our ability to attract and engage top talent.
- Forward development of new system components and enhancements to the existing codebase
- Direct interaction with business users (Trade Floor, PMs, Risk Managers, etc.) in order to define, rollout, and support new platform features
- Detailed understanding of various aspects of PIMCO business and operational processes
- Architecture, design, and coding; solving engineering challenges associated with large data processing volumes, complex calculation dependencies, horizontal compute scale vs centralized data storage, etc.
- Candidates should have min of 8 years of experience building large-scale application solutions by using modern backend and/or frontend technologies.
- Solid experience in writing backend services using Java, .NET, C++, or Python (while we are using Java, we will consider strong candidates in other languages as long as they show ability to learn Java)
- Experience or very strong interest in / ability to learn about investment management & fixed income
- Interest in learning about / working with modern UI technologies
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office