Vice President, Strategic Communications,Public Affairs
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? VP, Strategic Communications and Public Affairs Location US-CA-Pasadena
Job ID 2020-7735
Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a VP, Strategic Communications and Public Affairs. The VP, Strategic Communications and Public Affairs will be reporting to the Senior Vice President of Global Policy and Public Affairs for the Bank. This organization spearheads the Bank’s public policy, government affairs, external engagement strategy, and strategic communications.
Leads, develops and implements EWB’s strategic communications and provides counsel to the SVP of Global Policy and Public Affairs and the CEO and Chairman. Directs and manages the public affairs engagement strategy and CEO communication initiatives with the goal of sustaining and advancing the Bank’s profile with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides strategic communication counsel and support to the CEO and to the SVP, Global Policy and Public Affairs
- Provides input to strategic planning and decision making of external engagement strategies
- Support, align and advance corporate strategies, priorities and employee engagement through executive communications support
- Directs strategic communication initiatives, processes and tools to communicate the CEO’s goals and objectives
- Supports Public Affairs and Governmental Relations activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 10 years experience in corporate communications, public affairs or related fields
- 5 years leadership experience desired
- Experience in financial services or regulated industry desired
- International affairs expertise and understanding, specifically with US/China relations
- Strong interest in following and tracking public affairs and current global news
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS