- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 22 Sep 17
Assistant Director - Data Scientist
Standort: San Francisco, CA, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Data Intelligence Team has a requirement for a data scientist. We are looking for fearless, resourceful and creative person with strong quantitative experience in the data and analytics space.
The Assistant Director-Data Scientist must be motivated to design, develop, and deliver high end technology and analytical solutions to the finance industry.
Responsible for exploring Moody's extensive data-sets, designing and implementing analytical models and participating in design of our data aggregation and reporting solutions.
As part of a small team, you will be involved in all aspects of developing and market testing new products. This includes analyzing existing data stores, working with third party data feeds and designing data capture and data management systems. .
- Build data content by experimenting with new data-sets and ideas; assess alternative non-traditional data sources by testing and prototyping. Create new metrics like sentiment scores, social scores and aggregate metrics trends
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Perform large-scale data analysis and develop effective statistical models for segmentation, classification, optimization, time series, etc.
- Lead independent efforts within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies. Apply innovation and new techniques to generate actionable insights for our clients from data
- Suggest improvements to the tools and techniques to help scale the team
- Provide leadership, guidance and develops technical capabilities across the team
- Perform data visualization and presentation
- Work hand in hand with the Product, Data Management, Engineers, Clients and internal stakeholders to keep product development data driven and informed
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative fields is required
- Master degree is a plus
- Hands on work experience with structured and unstructured data:
- organizing and managing complex datasets
- doing data mining, wrangling and cleaning
- querying structured data using SQL
- performing statistical analysis
- building predictive models using machine learning techniques
- Mastery of at least one analytical programing language ( e.g. R, Python, Matlab or SAS)
- Experience implementing models in a production environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a group setting and independently
- Ability to clearly communicate with different audiences
- Experience in BI and data visualization software such Qlik or Tableau is a plus
- Financial Services industry experience strongly preferred
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.