ESG Datafeed Specialist
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
ESG Datafeed Specialist Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 11 The Location:
New York, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Charlottesville The Team:
Within the S&P Global Market Intelligence Commercial organization, Product Specialists are expected to identify, analyze, and propose solutions relating to specific S&P products and services. Within our product suite which includes ESG, Credit Risk, Data Feed, Specialized Industry Content and Analytics, Product Specialists are domain and product experts. This will be a new team within Market Intelligence (MI), founded to build and grow market share through the adoption of S&P Global's ESG (Sustainable 1) data and content. The ESG data market is growing rapidly with new content and delivery channels. Our offerings provide financial institutions, corporations, and governments an unmatched level of clarity and confidence to successfully navigate the transition to a sustainable future. As part of the new MI ESG Data Feed Specialist Team, we focus on providing clients an in depth and consultative approach to ESG client workflows to drive the adoption and usage of ESG Data. The Impact:
These roles drive revenue growth through client adoption, retention and growth working with Commercial Teams, Product Management, and Client Operations to promote Market Intelligence's ESG adoption across all client segments. Your role will help identify client needs and construct ESG solutions using S&P ESG Datafeeds and the Capital IQ Pro Desktop. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- This role will cover the following geographic territories and segments: North America, Lat-Am
- Support existing MI ESG Data feed clients with a focus on ESG workflows
- Understand client workflows to implement and combine ESG data with other MI data (for example company financials, estimates, alternative data)
- Collaborate with Sustaninable1 to deliver and apply ESG solutions (including regulatory solutions)
- Collaborate with commercial teams and own the technical relationship
- Respond attentively to client questions, help clients get the most out of our ESG solutions, and work with Commercial Teams to exceed revenue and usage targets
- Strong understanding of ESG and financial modeling
- Thorough understanding of environmental and climate related issues in particular carbon foot printing, TCFD reporting, exposure to fossil fuels, and physical risk from climate change under varying future scenarios
- Conduct advanced product presentations that are specific to client workflows and help to design the best solution to fit a prospect's or client's needs.
- Possess a firm understanding of the diagnostic sales process and employ its principles and techniques when engaging with a prospect or client.
- Consolidate regional market feedback for product development/enhancement.
- Partner with key stakeholders such as Product Management and Sustainable1 teams.
- Collaborate across borders with other Product Specialists.
- Develop a complete understanding of competitors' products and articulate S&P Global ESG competitive differentiation and value.
- Research and analyze environmental and social issues from an investment perspective and collaborate with S1 and commercial teams
- Research and ad-hoc leadership around portfolio climate risks and transition alignment.
- Represent the firm externally to clients and industry working groups.
- Analyze and keep abreast of evolving public policies dialogue.
- Contribute to Go-To-Market efforts and marketing campaigns.
- 3 + years ESG Experience, 7-10 years Total Experience
- Degree in finance, business administration or a degree in a sustainability-related science field, including environmental economics, climate science and Earth Science
- Sound understanding and experience with SQL Databases, Data Management workflow tools and analytics
- Sound understanding of the competitive ESG data landscape and upcoming regulations
- Understanding of investment processes and how ESG data can be applied in various investment applications
- Understanding of financial and risk application of ESG in Banking and Insurance industry
- Understanding of the ESG application for Corporate Clients, for example supply chain assessment, peer analysis, Corporate ESG assessment and Investor Relations
- Firm understanding of TCFD and Paris Alignment
- Firm understanding of workflow solutions for Data Feed/Management and/or other financial market data vendor.
- A mixture of Finance, Corporate ESG business application, commercial and technical skills are necessary.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- CFA Charter holder
- CFA ESG Certification
- Advanced academic credentials in applicable sciences (Environmental Economics, Climate Sciences, Earth Sciences)
- 3 years demonstrated experience in climate science, energy system modeling, or alternatively, carbon markets
- Desire to work at the nexus between climate risks and financial markets
- Understanding of public policy evolution
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Independent, self-starter capable of working without close supervision or daily guidance
- Team player with an ability to collaborate across functional and geographic boundaries
- Some experience and ability to apply the core concepts of our diagnostic sales methodology
- Passion for data driven analytic solutions
- A high level of client service and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of the equity, fixed income/credit or industry specific investment process. Prior experience in selling to or interacting with Investment Management and Investment Banking clients, Private Equity, Banking and Insurance
- Understanding on how ESG impacts and is utilize by Corporates outside of Finance
- Strong level of computer skills including MS Office proficiency
- Constructive team player, capable of balancing and prioritizing multiple projects across different teams or business segments
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to $190,100 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
265671 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States