- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Engagement Manager - Risk and Finance Analytics
Standort: San Francisco, CA, USARole/Responsibilities:
The Risk and Finance Analytics (RAFA) Advisory Services team of Moody's Analytics helps banks, asset managers and other financial institutions quantify and manage credit risk in their portfolios. Representative engagements include stress testing (Dodd-Frank/CCAR), ALLL quantification, CECL implementation, dual risk rating implementation, economic capital analysis, PD/LGD/EAD modeling, development of liquidity management solutions, ALM-related modeling, and related advisory services. RAFA Advisory collaborates with groups across Moody's Analytics, including our research, economics, structured products, and sales teams.
This position is based in our San Francisco office. The successful candidate will manage a team of three to four consultants, in addition to managing project teams that may include the candidate's own direct reports and/or staff from other teams.
The Engagement Manager position is a highly client-facing role, focused on assessing clients' business needs relative to the development, customization, and implementation of risk management solutions. During a typical advisory engagement, you will begin by helping the client precisely understand the issue or challenge at hand. You will then assist in the development of a plan to solve the challenge or address the issue. You will organize and guide a team of consultants, coordinate communication with the client, and identify ways to implement the solution. Specific duties include:
• Lead project teams. Help teams of consultants and researchers understand their individual responsibilities on projects. Delegate tasks, provide coaching and guidance, set expectations for quality, manage and resolve issues or conflicts, and provide timely project information to senior management.
• Manage a team of San Francisco-based consultants. Take an active role in helping your direct reports advance and accelerate their careers. Provide clear, actionable, and timely feedback on their performance, and identify and eliminate any obstacles to their success.
• Manage relationships with clients. Take the lead role in ensuring client satisfaction and position Moody's for follow-up engagements. Manage expectations and communications with clients and build a strong rapport with your client counterpart.
• Assume ownership of project completion. Develop project plans, determine staffing needs, manage day-to-day project schedules, ensure timely completion of high-quality deliverables, lead status meetings, and communicate status and results to senior management.
• Support business development efforts. Work as a key member of the pre-sales team. Meet with prospective clients to share expertise and recommend solutions in real-time as part of determining client requirements and scoping out projects. Create pitch presentations, estimate project duration and resource requirements, write and edit proposals, set prices, and negotiate contract terms.
• Ensure that projects are being delivered on time and budget, and help the team achieve financial targets.
• Mentor delivery teams. Provide guidance and coaching throughout the course of an engagement to ensure that they remain challenged, efficiently utilized, and focused on organizational objectives. Assist team members in developing into self-sufficient managers.
• Demonstrate thought leadership. Show initiative and creativity in designing solutions for unique client challenges. Actively pursue opportunities to publish white papers or articles in peer-reviewed journals.
The Risk and Finance Analytics (RAFA) Advisory Services team of Moody's Analytics helps banks, asset managers and other financial institutions quantify and manage credit risk in their portfolios.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience with a bank, asset manager, insurer, management consultancy, audit firm, or national financial regulator.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience managing a team, with a track record of helping direct reports advance their careers.
- Track record of successful project management, preferably within a banking or capital markets environment.
- Experience leading meetings, presentations and/or workshops for senior audiences, preferably including executive audiences.
- Understanding of debt instruments, commercial lending, underwriting processes, securities pricing, and/or capital allocation
- Experience with bank regulations, such as CCAR (DFAST), CECL, Basel II & III, model risk management guidance, etc.
- Minimum master's degree or equivalent from an internationally recognized institution. CPA, CFA, PRM, or FRM designations are a plus.
- International experience a plus.
- Track record of working well in team environments and contributing innovative ideas.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts to a senior audience.
- Strong, proven analytical skills with ability to coach/guide project teams and direct reports.
- Strong client orientation with commitment to client satisfaction.
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Microsoft Project a plus.
- Knowledge of Moody's RiskCalc, CMM, RiskFrontier, RiskAnalyst, Lending Cloud, and/or RiskOrigins a plus.
- Experience successfully designing and applying basic statistical tests (e.g., regression analysis, time series analysis, t-tests, etc.).
- Working knowledge of common statistical software packages (e.g., R, WPS, etc.) a plus.
- Understanding of the organizational structure and business model of commercial banks. Similar understanding of investment banks a major plus.
- Strong evidence of being self-disciplined, highly organized, able to multi-task, and attentive to detail.
- Willingness to travel - domestically and internationally - approximately 25-50% of the time, with necessary clearances / permissions for travel outside the United States.
- Minimum fluency in English. Working knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese a plus. Any other language proficiencies are helpful.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.