Senior Software Engineer - Speech Platform
About the Team
The Speech Platform is a new group within Bloomberg Multimedia with a goal to create a unified system to support the speech recognition firm wise. The work done by the team will be of high visibility and will have a critical impact on multiple business areas.The team will serve the needs of Compliance, TV, News, Messaging and Videoconferencing products. We will be working closely with AI researchers within Bloomberg in deploying state of the art speech models. The team is a part of the Multimedia group with expertise in image processing, A/V processing and audio/video conferencing. About the Position
We are looking for a senior software engineer to build highly scalable, low-latency and fault tolerant distributed clustering infrastructure for speech transcription. You will be involved in building a platform that is elastic enough to handle live transcription from 100s to 1000s of concurrent jobs. Our vision is to have a hybrid cloud solution that can leverage both on-prem as well private cloud infrastructure.
You are expected to work across multiple domains like: speech processing, Machine Learning system, real-time system, batch processing, API development, etc. For Speech Platform we are going to leverage the latest cutting edge-technologies. You should be somebody who loves to learn new technologies and do not shy away from using it in projects if needed.
Since this is a high visibility project, it involves talking with multiple stakeholders, driving the product directions and architecting features to serve different use-cases. You are required to show true end-to-end ownership of services that will serve the needs of multiple use-cases like: TV, News, Video-conferencing, Help Desk and different Bloomberg Terminal products. We'll trust you to:
What you'll need to have:
- Build a scalable service to provide a Speech recognition API
- Develop data pipelines to: annotate speech data, collect data to fine-tune speech models, create dataset for speech recognition model evaluation.
- Create a Job scheduler/Metering service to schedule different speech recognition jobs.
- Design system to manage speech recognition containers/services deployed on Kubernetes
What we'd love to see:
- 3+ years of experience developing services in Java/C++/Golang/Python
- 1+ years of experience working on Kubernetes
- Experience building gRPC/GraphQL/REST services
- Highly motivated individual who takes initiative and gets the job done
- Background in creating data pipelines
- Understanding of ML systems would be a plus
- Knowledge working with AWS/Google Cloud would be preferred
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.