- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
Senior Technical Writer
Standort: San Francisco, CA, USAMoody's Analytics is the world's leading provider of quantitative credit analysis tools to lenders, investors, and corporations. We help clients enhance the economic returns in their businesses. We create products and services based upon a sophisticated application of modern financial theory and statistical analysis. These tools transform vast amounts of financial data and knowledge into applied insight for managing credit. We are looking for an energetic, self-starting, detail-oriented Senior Technical Writer to update and improve user and developer documentation for products in our suite of Enterprise Risk Management software products. This position will be onsite, located in San Francisco.
- Write and produce end-user, administrator, installation, and integration documentation for assigned products in a suite of complex financial analytical products
- Work closely with Product Management and Software Engineering staff to develop internal (used by our implementation engineers) and external (used by clients) documentation
- Create FAQs, Product Case Studies, Whitepapers and other miscellaneous support documents
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, and images
- Work with Engineering to create meaningful system messages for the user interface
- Adhere to Moody's Analytics format and style standards
- Collaborate with members of cross-functional teams locally and in other time zones
ERS Risk and Fin Analytics
- 5+ years commercial software technical writing experience
- Excellent command of written English and fluency in spoken English; familiarity with American usage preferred
- Ability to analyze documentation needs, manage own projects, and complete projects with little direction
- BA/BS in business/finance, a writing-related discipline, or a technical field
- Background in finance, insurance, banking, financial regulation, or analytics: Knowledge of financial instruments (Loans, Deposits, Bonds, Derivatives…)
- Strong technical skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and handle changing priorities in a fluid, fast-moving environment
Skills that are a PLUS
- Background in finance, insurance, banking, financial regulation, or analytics:
- Understanding of accounting concepts (Balance sheet : assets, liabilities, off-balance accounts; Profit and Loss Account)
- Knowledge of Asset and Liability Management (Liquidity Risk, Interest Rate Risk, Net Interest Income, Fund Transfer Pricing)
- Experience working on training and promotional videos
- Skill in creating graphics (Visio) and images (SnagIt)
- Understanding of software engineering processes
- Understanding of Agile development processes and scrums
- Experience with Perforce or other source control systems
- Experience using Confluence
- Experience writing API documentation
- Project Management or Lead Writer experience
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.