Vice President, Aperio Full Stack Developer
Description About this role About Aperio
At Aperio (part of BlackRock), our strategies are designed to put our clientsâ€™ and their clientsâ€™ interests at the center of our investment advice; to minimize costs and taxes; and to incorporate each clientâ€™s unique environmental, social, and governance (ESG) preferences. We are a purposefully growing quantitative/index-tracking investment management business specializing in managing customized equity portfolios tax efficiently.
At Aperio, we work hard and move quickly as a well-coordinated, collaborative team whose exceptional people are focused on providing extraordinary client service. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, industry-disruptive, fast-paced environment, Aperio is the place for you. About this Role
- Provide consistent improvements to Aperioâ€™s codebase and choice of third-party enterprise software components
- Write code that is easily understood and maintainable by other team members
- Keep up to date with developments in technologies Aperio is using
- Use Git (and a flavor of GitFlow) to keep track of software versions
- Contribute to overall application design, from the way applications interact with users to the way data is stored in the database
- Continuously improve Aperioâ€™s CI/CD practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Five-plus yearsâ€™ experience in a similar role
- Solid knowledge of programming fundamentalsâ€"algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and paradigms
- Seasoned Python background or related experience with modern object-oriented languages (Java, Scala, etc.)
- Facility with building web applications and integrating them with other software systems
- Experience in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively, supporting various business departments
- Ability to work in fast-paced interdisciplinary environment
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being.Â Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their childrenâ€™s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment â€" the one we make in our employees. Itâ€™s why weâ€™re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com |Â www.blackrock.com/corporate Â | Instagram:Â @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock Â | LinkedIn:Â www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.Â We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a personâ€™s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.