Software Development Engineer in Test
Our Quality Assurance team is responsible for ensuring the high quality of Markit Digital's software by verifying that software functionality conforms to business requirements, and communicating risks to the business. As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will support the development, testing, and automation of a new UI platform designed to improve time-to-market and consistency across our entire company. You will be part of a highly skilled and versatile team working in a fast-paced environment. You will be involved in test planning, writing test cases/scripts, test case automation, and test execution. Your focus is developing code rather than fixing or finding bugs.Your job is to accelerate product development by helping developers help themselves. How you'll do it at Markit Digital
- Setup test frameworks and help teams setup automation infrastructure
- Develop and execute [automated] test scenarios for testing of back-end operations (APIs, Deployment, Scaling, etc )
- Work with QA teams to create, maintain, and improve automated test suites for applications
- Work with developers to ensure that all features and bug fixes come with automated test coverage
- Create, execute, and automate test scenarios from use cases for existing and new solutions
- Deliver quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners
- Identify and implement ways to provide efficiencies to test cycles
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues
- Interact with team members to analyze complex projects and break them down into detailed and functional tasks
- Assist with the creation and analysis of test results
- Advocate for quality and the user experience
- Create test strategies in collaboration with the Agile team that consider all phases of testing, such as unit, integration, API, feature testing, design, accessibility, compatibility, performance and load, regression, etc.
- Own the continuous improvement of quality processes including, required documentation, testing processes, and the overall quality of the agile team's software.
- Ensure all products conform to WCAG Accessibility guidelines. Interpret guidelines and suggest changes that will make the product more accessible, in the absence of concrete requirements. Validate products are ready for submission to a third-party Accessibility Certification provider.
- Proven experience designing and creating automation frameworks and test suites
- Experience testing RESTful API's through Postman collections
- Experience with TestCafe or Selenium
- Experience writing test strategies and creating test cases
- Experience with at least one major UI framework (Svelte, Vue, React, Angular)
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience setting up, modifying, and maintaining CI systems (Jenkins preferred)
- Experience with WCAG 2. 0 A and AA standards
- Web and Mobile Accessibility
- Jaws/NVDA/Voice Over/Talk back screen readers
- WAVE for facilitating web accessibility evaluation by providing a visual representation
- Experience with other assistive technologies
- An understanding of Atomic design
- Experience with Nodejs
- Experience with API testing
- Experience with SonarQube
- Experience with Sentry.io
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects, with a high standard of quality
- The ability to quickly shift priorities and adapt to change
Where we're going
- Can-do attitude
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
- Ability to lead the development team in testing efforts
- Able to work quickly and productively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Hot on the heels of moving our service -oriented architecture to the cloud and automating our deployments and configurations, we're rolling out new tools to our stack like Angular, React, and Vue. We are always on the lookout for ways to make our sites more secure, scalable, and fast. We are continuing to explore our wealth of new data sources outside of the financial markets to pioneer new market spaces like virtual and augmented reality.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.