Credit Product Specialist
The Role: Credit Product Specialist
The Location: North America
The Grade: 11 (Internal Use Only)
S&P Global Market Intelligence's Product Specialist organization supports S&P Global's objective of developing and delivering integrated data, research, and analytic solutions to our clients globally. The Credit Product Specialists' mandate is to help Sales Executives and Relationship Managers monetize and leverage the firm's capabilities and offerings on credit ratings and research, data feeds, qualitative credit assessment scorecards and quantitative fundamentals-based Probability of Default models.
Role will require you to serve in a 'generalist' capacity, ultimately developing and exhibiting expertise across a broad range of products across the suite of credit and fixed income focused solutions developed and maintained by the Credit Risk Solutions (CRS) Product team. Familiarity with other Market Intelligence commercial offerings (Desktop products like Capital IQ, Market Intelligence or LCD plus other datasets, as well as MI's ESG offerings) will be essential tools as well.
You will have exposure and responsibility to interact with prospects and clients across commercial segments, which may include: Investment Managers, Investment Banks, Private Equity firms, Commercial Banks, Insurance Companies and Corporations.
As a member of the commercial organization, priority will be to promote new sales, client retention, cross-sell opportunities, and other relationship-driven discussions. You will have a direct impact on pre-sale and early-stage diagnostic conversations with prospects. Proactive engagement with Relationship Managers on existing client retention and renewals will also be essential. Viewed as a product and solutions 'expert', you will have an important and influential seat at the table during external conversations and negotiations. This insight will help clients identify needs, contemplate solutions that utilize MI products and ultimately position sales teams for success in contracting discussions.
Additionally, engagement with key internal stakeholders will include Product (client/prospect feedback, market and competitive insights), Education (assist or supplement various training initiatives), Marketing (content creation and campaign follow up) and other Product Specialist teams.
We value partnership, relationships and communication. The Americas team is a group of experienced credit-focused specialists supporting a large salesforce across a range of complex products and solutions. It is crucial that you are a great teammate with a positive attitude in order to be successful within our group and organization. You will be required to participate in interactions that may range from basic, fundamental credit use case discussions to a more developed, sophisticated multi-product quantitative solution. We elevate hard work, dedication and self-starters. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67.6k - 154.4k . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
• Viewed as a true 'subject matter expert' you will be tasked with speaking to the product's attributes when leading meetings and calls from early-stage diagnosis to final-stage closing conversations. Understanding prospect/client workflows and quickly connecting these to real-world practical use cases within the suite of products is essential.
• Operating in partnership with Commercial teams across client tiers (Account Directors, Account Managers, New Sales and Relationship Management) on all aspects of the commercialization and licensing of Ratings Intellectual Property (IP) or proprietary credit models will be a priority.
• Playing a key role in diagnostic and discovery conversations with prospects or uncovering whitespace within existing clients; common use cases may also include Compliance, Regulatory, Reporting and Risk Management related activities.
• Provide guidance and support throughout the sales cycle; contributions will range across product positioning, attributes and delivery plus recommendations on pricing and packaging feedback and entitlement discipline.
• Deliver training or other 'best practices' and enhancement demonstrations existing clients to promote client renewal/retention in conjunction with requests for price increases
• Partner closely with other internal stakeholders, such as Product Management, Legal and Client Support teams; additionally other Credit Product Specialists serving in similar capacity in EMEA and APAC regions.
• Execute against go-to-market strategy, participate in communicating product release and enhancements and provide on-going training to sales and others in the commercial organization.
• Gather and communicate market feedback, competitive intelligence and regulatory/legal/compliance developments to internal stakeholders.
• Be mindful of other Market Intelligence products, identify and relay other credit product / cross-sell opportunities while supporting the mandate of the broader Credit Product Specialist team.
• Bachelor's Degree in business, corporate finance, commerce or related subjects; MBA, CFA will be a plus. Eight to ten years relevant industry, experience and a consistent track record in a product, consultative sales or other market data related role
• Comprehensive understanding of fixed income / credit markets gained via experience at financial institution, asset manager or financial data / technology firm; a strong commercial mindset with prior experience selling to, speaking to or interacting with the types of firms and individual personas targeted is mandatory
• Constructive team player, capable of balancing and prioritizing multiple projects across different teams or business segments
• Strong communication, organization, presentation and negotiation skills
• Confidence in meetings, presentations and dealing with senior executives and decision makers over the phone or in person
• A willingness to learn, approach challenges creatively and possesses strong intellectual curiosity
• Independent, self-starter capable of working without close supervision or daily guidance
• Proficiency in MS Office and Salesforce, including Einstein Analytics
• Some travel (domestic) will be necessary (depending on company policy.) About Company Statement: S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
265656 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States