Data Research Analyst - Financial Research
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Data Research Analyst - Financial Research Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 7 The Location:
Centennial, Co The Team:
Data/Content Management teams deliver and maintain accurate, complete and timely data sets while taking into account the business units global interests and needs internally & externally. As a member of this team, you'll develop very close relationships with your constituencies in-order to execute on their data requirements. You'll leverage solid processes and technologies to perform data management tasks as accurately and efficiently as possible and will also implement processes and operational changes across businesses. What's in it for you:
A career at S&P Global Market Intelligence puts you in a position to be indispensable to institutional investors, investment advisors and wealth managers around the world.
S&P Global Market Intelligence delivers in-depth intelligence across asset classes and capital structures, bringing together key capabilities in research, strategy, evaluation, analysis, data solutions and risk mitigation under one roof. Every day, more than 4,200 financial firms turn to us for real-time research, data and analytics on more than 92,000 companies. Your innovative thinking will thrive in an agile, energetic and challenging work environment - get a high-tech start-up atmosphere backed by the stability of S&P Global Inc. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $31.2k - $64.8k. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications
- Timely and accurate evaluation, standardization, collection and validation of corporate annual and quarterly financial data.
- Standardization and collection includes main statement information as well as extensive supplemental information as reported in the financial documents.
- This is a position that requires strong attention to detail. Many of the reports we analyze are lengthy and research to locate specific data points is a very specialized process. We provide on-site training that we feel is the best in the industry and are able to develop strong analytical skills through this program and continued development through our mentor program.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent financial/accounting knowledge or work experience
- Solid understanding of Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow statements and how they interrelate
- Communicate effectively
- Work both independently and interactively with others
- Consistently make sound data collection decisions
About Company Statement: S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Ability to work a significant amount of extra hours during annual and quarterly peak updating periods
- Excellent reading comprehension
- Attention to detail, fact finding, initiative, innovation, listening, oral communication, resilience, sensitivity, teamwork, and work standards
- Customer focus, quality awareness, and technical/professional knowledge
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), DTMGOP203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
264223 Posted On:
Centennial, Colorado, United States