Engineer III, Software Development
- Centennial, CO, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- S&P Global
- 18 Jan 19
Engineer III, Software Development
The Role: Software Developer III
The Location: Charlottesville, VA or Richmond, VA
The Team: The Xpressfeed team is responsible for generating content feeds for the overall Data Management Solutions platform. Currently we have 6 agile teams working on Xpressfeed development and are looking to add 2 additional teams to help scale out for the rapidly growing demand from the business.
The Impact: We are working to expand the development team to deliver new value to customers faster. The type of projects include back-end database development, tools to configure metadata driven system, growing into cloud environment, new delivery platforms, and growing and scaling infrastructure.
What's in it for you: Does working with a team that collaborates on industry best data solutions excited you? Do you love jumping into projects and searching for issues to tackle? Is Software Engineering a passion of yours?
We are a global company and a global team with a history of delivering high value product feeds which drives over 400M in revenue for the division. You will accomplish developing, deploying, and supporting all aspects on the products. Being in small agile teams, you will see the results of your development and feel the success of the business as you successfully deliver on projects. In addition you will work with a knowledgeable and high-energize team members, working to accomplish complex business problems in a fast, highly productive environment.
- Plan/manage tasks as per the release cycles.
- Design, Document and Develop solutions to support key business needs.
- Engineer components and common services based on standard corporate development models, languages and tools.
- Produce system design documents and contribute to technical walkthroughs.
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical partners.
- Support and maintain production environments
- Train and mentor junior developers on the team accordingly.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's/PG degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5+ years of solid experience in application development using Java and Oracle or SQL Server
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Test oriented development.
- Deep understanding of essential technologies: Java
- General understanding of the following: T-SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PL/SQL, WebLogic
- Good experience with analyzing and developing solutions involving object oriented programming
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. The EEO is the Law.
Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.