Lead Software Developer
Lead Software Developer Location:
VA, NJ, NY, CO, Virtual The Team:
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and skilled engineering lead for Market Intelligence. We strive to deliver solutions that are sector-specific, data-rich, and hyper-targeted for evolving business needs. Our lead Software developers are involved in the full product life cycle, from design through release. You will be expected to participate in the design review process, write high-quality code, and work with a dedicated team of QA Analysts, Business Analysts, and Infrastructure Teams. The Impact:
Market Intelligence is seeking a Lead Software Developer to create software design, development, and maintenance for data processing applications. This person would be part of a development team that manages and supports the internal applications that is supporting the SME dataset. This role expects a candidate to handle any data processing, big data application development. We have teams made up of people that learn how to work effectively together while working with the larger group of developers on our platform. What's in it for you:
It's a fast-paced agile environment that deals with huge volumes of data, so you'll have an opportunity to sharpen your data skills and work on an emerging technology stack. Responsibilities
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Architect, design and develop solutions within a multi-functional Agile team to support key business needs for Market Intelligence
- Design, and implement software components for content systems.
- Perform analysis and articulate solutions.
- Design underlying engineering for use in multiple product offerings supporting a large volume of end-users.
- Manage and improve existing solutions.
- Solve a variety of complex problems and figure out possible solutions, weighing the costs and benefits.
- Engineer components, and common services based on standard corporate development models, languages, and tools
- Apply software engineering best practices while also leveraging automation across all elements of solution delivery
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders. Must be able to document and demonstrate technical solutions by developing documentation, diagrams, code comments, etc.
- Bachelors/Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- 8+ years experience in application development
- Strong C# and SQL skills
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Big Data platforms such as Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark, NiFi
- Experience with stream processing engines like Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Expertise in building even driven scalable & resilient systems
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of information systems, business processes, the key drivers and measures of success while choosing the proper methodologies and policies to support broad business goals
- Experience in the Financial services domain is a plus.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Familiarity and/or enthusiasm with Data Science / Machine Learning is a plus
- Experience working in cloud computing environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience in SnowFlake, Databricks
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 - $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
267898 Posted On:
Princeton, New Jersey, United States