Senior Cloud Engineer
- Centennial, CO, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- S&P Global
- 18 Jan 19
Senior Cloud Engineer
The Role: Looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding SPGlobal cloud computing infrastructure.
The Location: Centennial, CO OR NY/NJ
The Team: Solutions Engineering Team is responsible delivering infrastructure architecture, implementation & deployments on S&P Global MI Cloud & Data Centers in collaboration with S&P Global Digital infrastructure & other Teams from a wide variety of backgrounds. The key area of focus: Infrastructure as Code, Application Architecture, Automation, Project Delivery, Environment Troubleshooting, and Low Level Design Documentation.
The Impact: You will utilize your technical knowledge and analytical skills in architecting and optimizing cloud infrastructure, standardizing technology stack for cloud & datacenters, implementing cloud service catalog and service governance solutions, and driving implementation of our cloud first strategy and cloud adoption in partnership with development & business stakeholders.
What's in it for you: You will be part of a talented team of engineers in our Solutions Engineering team that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for supporting a large scale deployment and all underlying systems related to supporting cloud computing workloads and IT project deployment.
- Develop and leverage AWS tools and services to manage and automate key operations capabilities. This includes AWS Systems Manager, Patch Manager, Cloud Formation and custom scripting to extend the AWS services.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for AWS infrastructure.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
What We're Looking For:
- Looking for 3 to 4 years of experience implementing AWS Cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Experience with AWS hosting technologies: VPC, EC2, ELB, RDS, Lambda, SES, SNS, Containers, API Gateway,etc.
- Good conceptual understanding & knowledge on virtualization & container based technologies such as AWS, Docker, VMware, and Virtual Box.
- Experience with monitoring solutions, such as: AWS CloudWatch, Nagios, ELK, etc.
- Experience working with large scale IT projects related to design, deployment and configuration.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work individually without much direction while also working as part of a team towards a common goal.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have at least one of the following active certs upon application: AWS. This is a requirement.
Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- AWS professionals with development or architecture background.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test- driven development.
- Good experience in delivering infrastructure solutions using AWS services.