Senior Financial Analyst - Technology and Data Operations Grade
(relevant for internal applicants only): 10 The Location:
Denver, CO, Houston, TX or other Tier 2 City The Team:
This role is a key member of the Commodity Insights Finance Business Partner team supporting the Commodity Insights Tech, Data and Business Operations Teams. The position will support the teams by assisting with financial & operational reporting, forecasting, and analysis. The Impact:
Primary focus will be on headcount and contractor reporting, business case development, project budget tracking, forecasting and general financial management of the Tech, Data and Business Operations functions. This position will also assist with automation projects, ad hoc requests and special projects to support the decision-making process. Responsibilities:
Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the Commodity Insights Finance team
What We're Looking For:
- Manage financial planning and analysis and accounting, including workforce planning
- Assist in the preparation of the multi-year budgets and related sensitivity modeling
- Manage financial and operating metric tracking for key initiatives
- Identify and track risks/opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Provide financial analysis for business cases
- Contribute to the redesign of the Chart of Accounts for Tech, Data and Business Operations
- Assist with ad hoc requests, special projects for Commodity Insights senior finance leadership, including acquisitions
- Support overall business unit reporting requirements
- Maintain existing group reports and assist with new development
- Provide data, analysis, and operational insights for monthly business operations reviews
- Identify and implement automation opportunities in monthly reporting and processes
- Alert management to operational problems and suggest actionable solutions
Characteristics important to this position: initiative, attention to detail, strategic thinking, independent judgement, strong communication and presentation skills, teamwork, and ability to understand complex business concepts. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting
- 5-8 years financial analysis and accounting experience
- Strong skills in MS Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups, Modeling) and PowerPoint
- Experience with ERP (Oracle Financials) and Anaplan preferred
- Solid analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a fully contributing member of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of capital expense planning and accounting a plus
- Quality - Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Dependability - Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Productivity - Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, and handles information flow.
- Create Superior Customer Value - Cultivate long-term, strategic customer relationships by ensuring that the customer's perspective is the driving force behind business activities; anticipate customer needs and understand the customer's criteria for success; strive to exceed customer expectations; measure contributions against the criteria to determine whether success was achieved; accept responsibility for outcomes.
- Communicates Effectively - Speak transparently; adapt your approach and your message to fit the audience; seek input from others and use sound rationale to gain acceptance of ideas; listen actively and respond in a manner that promotes collaboration; persistently deliver important information and check for understanding to ensure your message is understood.
- Data science / analytics (e.g. Alteryx) and Data Visualization (e.g. Tableau) a plus
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $80,800 to $110,000 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
274019 Posted On:
Denver, Colorado, United States