IHS Markit, Premier Data Services require a GIS Specialist II to acquire, translate, maintain, analyze, interpret, and input spatial and tabular database information to produce professional cartographic products; as well assisting in providing a top-quality service to IHS Markit, Premier Data Services' clients. Key responsibilities will include: Principal Accountabilities:
- Possesses working knowledge of map design and data management processes in traditional and/or web GIS environments.
- Creates, integrates manages, displays, publishes data in local or enterprise data management systems or web platforms (e.g., ArcGIS Online).
- Uses custom or out of the box toolbox tools to ensure data integrity or to accomplish tasking.
- Creates maps and products to support interpretation of GIS data.
- Performs analyses of spatial and non-spatial data.
- Participates in planning, organizing, and designing GIS system or GIS support projects, associated documentation, and tracking progress.
- May have training in one or more cross-disciplines, including natural resources, land surveying, geodesy, or remote sensing.
- May be responsible for developing spatial models.
- May support GIS and non-GIS users in using GIS products.
- Coordinate issues/errors/bugs and develop related documentation.
- Self-starting / Motivated.
- Comfortable working remote from other team members and clients and remain a connected/engaged part of a team.
- Reliable, will meet deadlines, take pride in work.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong work ethic and professionalism.
- Ability to make sound editing decisions related to final product presentation.
- High attention to detail and producing highly accurate data
- Experience in use of MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of and experience with industry standard GIS Tools and applications
- University degree (Bachelors or equivalent) in GIS/Geography or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. A GIS Certificate from an undergraduate or graduate program can be substituted for a bachelor's degree in the above-mentioned fields.
*Those applicants that have federal land records experience/knowledge will be given special consideration. What We Offer
- At least 5 years of experience working with geospatial data and applications.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS, and any other GIS software/applications.
- Knowledge of Public Land Survey System (PLSS) and other cadastral/land records information.
- Experience with the Bureau of Land Management's corporate business processes, federal land records and title, resource management practices and planning; is desirable.
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy under the technical supervision of a project lead or senior level technician.
- A working knowledge of Geography, Land Records, and most Geospatial Applications
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $48,140. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.