Director -Head of Internal Audit
- Base salary, bonus, excellent benefits and full relocation package if required.
- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- The Forum Group
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
Our client, a global financial services firm seeks to add a Head of Internal Audit for it's rapidly growing consumer banking and credit card business.
• Execute and at times manage execution of audit work
• Contribute to maintenance and risk assessment of the audit universe and audit coverage strategy
• Perform continuous monitoring of relevant areas in the Firm
• Monitor, follow-up on and assess the resolution of audit issues
• Contribute to the audit opinion
• Contribute to evaluating the enterprise risk framework, policies and standards
• Contribute to evaluating the management control approach and control environment of relevant business areas Stakeholder Management and Leadership
Lead discussions with business management regarding audit observations and issues, consult with relevantsenior management, where applicable. Ensure all client/customer viewpoints are considered when make decisions.
• Build trusting and open relationships with clients on each audit and develop ongoing relationships with key clients in aligned business area.
• Develop a wide network of contacts across internal audit and the business to identify and work towards common goals.
• Play a proactive role in supporting the definition of risk profiles, work effectively with colleagues across IA to ensure the audit plan maximize resources.
• Continually build long-term, quality and trusted relationships with a wide network of colleagues and external partners.
• Produce concise and insightful commentary and information for wide reporting, e.g. Risk & Control/SAC/BAC.
• Deputize for relevant senior management as required at Business Unit, Regional or function Risk & Control forums or relevant legal entity SACs.
• Work collaboratively to drive progress in the team, embedding the performance culture and role modelling Firm values and behaviours to: • Mentor and coach others to be open, honest and reliable.
Provide constructive, open and timely feedback to support personal and career development of others to achieve their full potential.
• Identify and develop talent.
• Attract and retain the best people through taking part in activities inside and outside the organisation.
• Develop succession plans.
• Share knowledge with others across team/function.
• Recognise and celebrate the contribution made by those around you. • Promotes a culture of learning from mistakes.
• Assign audit and line management responsibilities, direction and guidance to direct reports while maintaining an in-depth knowledge of activities in each area. Decision-making and Problem Solving
• Guide, review and approve work carried out on audit assignments to ensure the scope of work is appropriate, controls are correctly identified, assessed and carried out in accordance with Methodology, policies, professional standards and budget. • Deliver a view on the effectiveness and adequacy of risk management and controls to the relevant senior management and the business.
• Contribute to clear and insightful committee reporting, audit reporting and propose pragmatic remediation actions, relevant to the issues raised by IA.
• Bring to the attention of the relevant IA senior management and executive management control and risk management issues, weaknesses or irregularities of material significance in the existence of application of controls.
• Strive to empower others to bring efficiency to audit processes. • Build a deep understanding of the strategy of each business area of the organisation responsible for which may impact the audit plan. Understand client/customer needs to be able to adapt, where appropriate.
• Support relevant IA senior management in defining the risk profile for their business area; use this to define and manage the audit plan.
• Set the standard for exceptional reporting standards. • Update awareness of risk issues and changes across relevant business areas. Use this knowledge to input to audit strategy and direction.
• Promote a culture of efficiency through use of expert knowledge to focus audit plan and to support IA strategic direction.
• Oversee effective and efficient use of the team’s resources and budget. Risk and Control Objective Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards. Person Specification Basic Qualifications/Skills
• Bachelor’s degree • Relevant advanced degree including MBA • 15+ years of Business Auditor experience within consumer banking and financial services
• 7+ years of relevant experience managing high performance teams • Relevant Professional Certifications and Licenses (e.g., CPA, CIA, CAMS) Preferred Qualifications/Skills
• Retail Banking product experience preferred, with emphasis on Credit Card platforms and related risk and control environment • Strong, practical understanding of the relevant regulatory environment including the FDIC and CFPB oversight of the Credit Card and Retail Banking businesses
• Proven track record of high performance in previous roles to include effective senior stakeholder management at the Business CEO, Senior Management, and Board Audit Committee levels; experience managing regulators as the key point of contact
• Ability to manage all facets of audit delivery for a regional team (Audit Plan, Audit Execution, Team Management and Personal Development, Coordination with internal SME teams where appropriate)