Director of Technology
Audit Director - Software and Technology Industry Professional Tampa, FL/en-US/CLA/job/Tampa-FL/Audit-Director---Software-and-Technology-Industry-Professional_R3960-1/apply A Director (industry professional) provides audit, tax, consulting, or other services to clients, demonstrating command of their major area of specialization within a specific industry. They are involved in all stages of a project or engagement. They understand the full suite of services the firm can offer, and can make recommendations to supervisors and/or leadership about how each can be delivered to meet the needs of clients in a particular industry. They provides leadership on projects and engagements, often supervising and training staff at lower levels and delegates work effectively. Work Activities & Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Experience, Education, and Certifications
- Industry Services: Has experience, exposure, and knowledge of the firms full breadth and depth of industry and service capabilities. However, the engagement director specializes in a particular industry and has deep knowledge about the industrys strategic, operational, regulatory, and business matters. Knows the issues faced and terminology. Able to dial in to particular niche issues and provide expertise to clients, presenting complex issues in an understandable manner. Anticipates client needs and looks for opportunities to provide proactive consultation. Develops a deep knowledge of the clients business, making a personal investment in ensuring their success. Monitors client feedback and takes action to ensure highest possible service is delivered. Provides a variety of services to clients within the industry.
- Assurance: Directs audit field work, assignment of detail work to Associates, and review of their working papers. Recommends changes in operations and financial activities to clients. Examines and evaluates financial systems, recommending controls to ensure system related and data integrity. Reviews engagements with consistent accuracy and within tight time frames. Assists in planning engagements including developing time budgets and delegating of duties to appropriate Associates. Monitor time budgets throughout the engagement and update the supervisor on engagement status. Assists managers in preparing final reports during engagement wrap-up.
- Tax: Prepares or reviews tax returns for individuals and organizations, researches tax questions, offers suggestions for tax planning, and studies law for potential tax savings. Efficiently prepare complex individual and business tax returns that are complete and accurate. Identify tax issues and prepare recommendations while working on client tax projects.
- Other Services: May provide other services to clients within the industry. Details on those services and requirements can be found in the appropriate description.
- Technical Competencies. Excellent technical skills and knowledge of accounting principles and/or regulations impacting each engagement or project, financial markets, analysis and reporting of financial data. Understand internal software systems including Pfx Fixed Assets, GoFileRoom, Pfx Engagement, Pfx Tax, etc. Proficiency with Microsoft (MS) Windows and MS Office products is necessary.
- Experience: A minimum of two years of experience as a Senior.
- Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Certifications/Licenses: CPA certification, if doing ANY Assurance. JD, EA, MST/MBT in place of CPA certification.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click to learn about your hiring rights.
Posted 6 Days AgoFull timeR3960
Start your inspired career
When you join CLA, youll have the opportunity to design your own . Career growth is about having new experiences and lots of exposure to different roles that stretch your comfort zone, expand your skills, and shape you as a leader. Its not so much about climbing a ladder or acquiring new titles its the discovery of your strengths and the outer reaches of your true potential. At CLA, you have the freedom to explore many opportunities, including your choice of industry specialization, service capability, career path, and mobility.
to see why people join CLA.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our clients, our people, and our communities through industry-focused wealth advisory, outsourcing, audit, tax, and consulting services. With more than 6,200 people, 120 U.S. locations, and a global affiliation, we promise to know you and help you. Learn more at . Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer /AA Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
to learn about your hiring rights.