CVP, Integration Architect #78905
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 16 Jan 19
CVP, Integration Architect #78905
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
The Integration Architect provides technical expertise spanning many platforms focusing on integrating applications and data via SOA services and MuleSoft ESB (and related) technologies. Researches, develops and implements complex technical components of the Technical Architecture Infrastructure.
Interacts with customers and other Systems department personnel as the Solutions Architect to design comprehensive technology solutions that are aligned with the business objectives in overall support of the NYL/Tampa Operations business customers.
• Provides technical expertise on complex projects.
• Evaluates and analyzes new technologies to address business requirements.
• Applies technical knowledge to develop, implement, support and maintain the technical components of the Infrastructure.
• Assists in cross-training team members in the Infrastructure system components and improving team members' technical skills.
• Maintains an awareness of upcoming technological advances, product offerings and their implications to the existing Infrastructure.
• Directs independent technical research of new Infrastructure components.
• Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
• Analyze enterprise business drivers to determine corresponding change requirements.
• Analyze the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement.
• Analyze technology industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
• "Sell" the architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results.
• Define the principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
• Design and lead the implementation of solutions based on enterprise business requirements and IT strategies.
• Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring solution compliance.
• Develop road maps of the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state.
• Coordinate solution architecture implementation activities.
• Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards, as well as the design of standard software configurations.
• Consult with application or infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs.
• Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of solution implementations.
• Document solution architecture design and analysis efforts.
• Work closely with the program management office (PMO) to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered.
• Performs other assignments to comply with Corporate Information mission, and to enable the Company to increase revenue, to become easier to do business with, to reduce unit costs, to reduce time to market and to increase customer and agent satisfaction
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, and at least seven years of applicable application development experience.
• Experience with distributed architecture frameworks and cross platform integration.
• Detailed understanding of development methodologies and solution architectures.
• Strong analysis and design skills with a focus on system design and flow.
• Experience with designing and implementing high volume, mission critical, production systems.
• In-depth understanding of SOA, Web services, Messaging (MQ) and XML.
• Experience with messaging protocols like as SOAP/WSDL and REST/WADL.
• 7+ years experience in architecting & designing enterprise level software products.
• 5+ years of hands on experience with distributed (.NET/Java) programming languages and development platforms.
• 3+ years experience developing and implementing applications in AWS and/or Azure-based cloud environments.
• 3+ years of MuleSoft ESB application design and development experience with local and cloud-based environments.
• Experience with Devops and Continuous Integration processes and systems.
• Knowledge of Life Insurance, Marketing and/or Telemarketing systems and applications.
• Knowledge and experience with life insurance business application packages (especially IMA's Telemar and Genelco's LSP).
• Experience with Business Process Management Systems (BPMS), especially PegaRULES Process Commander (PegaSystems).
• Experience with the ACORD Life and Annuity XML standard.
• Ability to practice positive employee relations and develop self and others.
• Ability to perform employee mentoring, coaching, counseling and corrective actions as necessary.
• Proven technical experience with Software Development processes.
• Self-motivated to identify, analyze and independently work to find solutions and follow issues.
• Possess excellent judgment and analytical skills including detailed planning and project management.
• Resourcefulness in accomplishing objectives and completing tasks.
• Independent decision making since most duties require evaluating a number of elements and alternatives generally involving extensive research.
• Ability to perform duties with limited supervision.
• Ability to perform assignments without review and keep supervisor informed of progress and results.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.