Senior Associate - Java
- Tampa, FL, USA Tampa FL US
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
Senior Associate - Java
New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Assists and supports the development and maintenance of cost effective application software utilizing knowledge of tools, concepts and principles to construct and deliver software in direct support of customer business needs across all internal development platforms.
- Leads project initiatives and helps coordinate and communicate outside of the team for alignment across delivery teams, architecture and the business on project delivery.
- Helps to mentor team mates in both technical expertise and delivery of work as well as ensuring appropriate communication occurs.
- Works with Scrum Master, Solution Analysis, Project Manager and Value Stream Lead to ensure alignment of both work being implemented and communication around the work. This includes helping to raise impediments that are blocking the team from moving forward.
- Interact with customers and other Systems department personnel to design, develop and maintain business applications that effectively support the NYL/Tampa Operations business customers.
- Assists in the evaluation and analysis of vendor system software packages to meet business requirements.
- Participate indefining and enforcing development and process standards contributing to effective and timely delivery of system solutions.
- Provides recommendations on methodology and development environment improvements.
- Uses knowledge and experience in solving complex problems.
- Performs complex and varied programming, based on specifications, utilizing appropriate development tools, common routines and interfaces using internal development languages.
- Designs, develops, maintains and supports multi-platform application systems to increase productivity and promote reusability.
- Develops a sequence of programming steps translating business model specifications into detailed system component specifications, including file design and operating instructions.
- Supports the creation of test plans and debugs programs.
- Analyzes job requests from user departments for feasibility and impact on current applications systems.
- Advocate architectural direction and ensure that application deliveries support progress towards that direction.
- Designs, develops, maintains and supports multi-platform application systems to increase productivity and promote reusability
- Recommends resources to complete job requests.
- Development lead experience including the ability to coordinate, through the full project life cycle, the efforts of project team members including end-users, vendors and internal systems staff.
- Strong analysis and design skills with a focus on system design and flow.
- Experience with designing and implementing high volume, mission critical, productions systems.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and knowledge of how an agile workflow differs from waterfall.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in an aggressive, multi-tasking environment.
- Experience in a Windows desktop environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn through on the job experience.
- 5-7 years' experience working in object-oriented analysis, design, and development
- 5-7 years' experience in J2EE application development (e.g., Java, EJB, JMS, JSP, Servlets, et al.)
- 5-7 years' experience with J2EE application servers (e.g., IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, JBoss)
- 5-7 years experience in distributed java Webservices using JAX-RS/JAX-WS (SOAP and RESTful)
- 5-7 years experience with ORM Model (e.g., Hibernate)
- 5-7 years experience with Caching Technologies ( e.g, HazelCast, Ehcache etc).
- 5-7 years experience with Spring Security(Kerberos), Spring Framework, CXF Framework.
- 5+ years' experience working with relational databases (e.g., DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, et al.)
- 2-3 years experience interfacing with external systems through messaging mechanisms such as JMS, MQSeries, or other
- 2-3 years experience in version controls(e.g GIT, Bitbucket)
- 2-3 years experience in SOAPUI or POSTMAN
- 2-3 years experience in Splunk.
- Experience with Unix platforms (e.g., AIX, Solaris, Linux)
- Experience developing in XML-related technologies (e.g., XML, DTD, XML Schema, XSLT, XQuery, XPath)
- Experience developing web services & related technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, WS-I Basic Profile)
- Experience with design patterns (e.g., Gang of Four (GoF), J2EE, Model-View-Controller (MVC))
- Experience with Eclipse-based IDE's (preferably Rational Application Developer or WebSphere Development Studio)
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.