Commercial Lending Enterprise Architect
Job Description : Job Description
The Enterprise Architect for Commercial Lending will be responsible for the architecture of all technologies utilized during the commercial loan lifecycle and all related products.
- Focuses on technology strategy, roadmap, architecture, and governance for the business and technology domains covering commercial lending and all associated lending products.
- Develops and maintains technology roadmaps based on solid understanding of business strategy, current state of technology landscape, and a deep knowledge of how best to architect required technology capabilities. Translates business requirements into specific system, application or process designs in the context of highly complex projects involving multiple systems/applications.
- Leads/participates in architecting solutions in larger and complex initiatives, solves complex technical related problems, and applies advanced knowledge of the business and IT architecture principles to identify and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Leads the selection of methodologies, tools, and components of total IT solutions. Conducts proofs-of-concepts to evaluate candidate technologies. Creates reference architectures to provide prescriptive guidance for full-scale implementations.
- Leads/participates in the development of enterprise architecture standards. Collaborates with solution architect(s) and delivery teams to create detailed system and application architectures. Performs governance and quality control during execution to ensure original goals, objects, and architectural vision are met, including design review and approval as a part of IT methodologies and release management
- Reviews incoming technology requests for feasibility and alignment to roadmap. Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices. Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
- Mentors less experienced teammates to build technical expertise.
- Time/Effort Allocation: 40% strategy/planning/roadmap, 30% R&D/POC/solution design, 30% governance/artifacts.
- On February 7, 2019, it was announced that SunTrust Banks, Inc. and BB&T Corporation intend to merge, with the combined entity to be named Truist Financial Corporation ("Truist"). The merger is subject to regulatory approval, and BB&T and SunTrust remain separate and independent companies until the merger closes. This position, which would be for a role with Truist or an affiliate, is contingent upon the merger receiving regulatory approval and closing.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of experience in development with a focus on architecture or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
- Master's degree or MBA and 8 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Banking or financial services experience, ideally with commercial banking technology.
- TOGAF 9.1 Certification or experience with one or more architecture frameworks.
- Experience working with agile development methodologies / teams (e.g. SAFe).
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf