Retail Applications Product Owner
Job Description : Job Description
The roles in the Product Owner Family are responsible for the development of our Company products and services. They serve as the voice of the client and continuously collaborate with leadership, stakeholders, and other teams to define and prioritize the backlog of work, so teams always execute on the highest-value work. They are responsible for developing the roadmap and vision for their area/domain and constantly communicating the vision to drive clarity and alignment across all contributors and stakeholders. All roles within the Product Owner family must work closely with Solution Architects and other technical leads to ensure their solutions effectively address program priorities while maintaining technical integrity.
Senior Professional level role with significant product or subject matter expertise as well as experience related to Agile. Typically dedicated to 1-2 Scrum teams. Senior Product Owners execute the responsibilities of a Product Owner, but have an additional level of product expertise, experience, and responsibility. Senior Product Owners may assume broad responsibility for components of a complex initiative, provide the direction or vision for a group of Scrum Teams related to their business solution, be called upon to solve highly technical or highly complex problems, and/or be called upon to consult for other initiatives. Senior Product Owners must always align with their Product Manager/Solution Manager leadership, but are expected to operate with little supervision and be able troubleshoot complex problems and recommend appropriate actions. They must have detailed knowledge of several IT and non-IT/Agile skills and tools and their application relevant to their domain. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- 7+ years of professional experience.
- 2+ years of experience working on or with agile teams.
- 3+ years of technology/software product development or software development and/or industry-specific experience with related products and services.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and common business applications, such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and various web browsers.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience working as a Product Owner for more than one Agile team(s).
- Experience working with distributed teams (onshore/offshore)
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf