Sr. Data Strategist
Job Description : Job Description
Analytics and technology teams promote the effective use of data to drive data-driven decisions. And as a Data Strategist you'll help these teams build and evolve their data strategies, with clear business value to track and measure progress. You will help develop and build new data capabilities to support and evolve the data strategy. And you will act as a data evangelist to help guide various teams on the effective use of data platforms, alongside our research engineers and carve out space to be a thought leader in our field. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience in development with a focus on data architecture or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency defining the highly complex technology planning strategies for all domain objectives, architectural principles, goals and standards across the business.
- Advanced knowledge of architecture principles.
- Specialized and/or broad functional knowledge.
- Sound understanding of business and organizational strategies and processes.
- Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices.
- Ability to lead complex projects.
- Sophisticated analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical and business problems.
- Ability to influence others at senior levels to adopt a new perspective.
- Master's degree or MBA and 12 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3-5 years as an Enterprise Data Architect.
- Working knowledge of newer data technologies including analytics techniques like AI-ML.
- Good relationship building skills.
- Banking or financial services experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf