Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Desktop Engineering team is a new team responsible for providing Fitch Groups strategic road map for the desktop environment, researching and implementing new technologies, owning and maintaining the desktop environment and acting as Third line support. The team supports offices in America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia and Latin America. Support and project work encompasses all sites as well as frequent interaction with IT staff in our offices globally.
The Desktop engineering team is currently split between the US and UK, occasional out of hours work may be required. This role will report to the Desktop Engineering Manager.
- Ensure desktop environment standard apps are patched regularly
- Update standard images
- Package, update and deploy applications via the software deployment system
- Support and maintain the software deployment environment
- Support and maintain Fitch Group end point protection
- Investigate and resolve tickets escalated by Service Desk teams globally
- Investigate and resolve the underlying cause of Incidents/Problem Management
- Produce documentation for: Desktop Engineering, Service Desk and End users
- Organize, action and implement projects in agreed time frame
- Undertake research and document findings and recommendations
- Develop own technical knowledge to improve ability to resolve requests.
- Testing and deploying OS and application patches globally
- Updating the group wide core images with the latest patches and applications on VDI, AWS workspaces and Altiris
- Packaging, updating and deployment of software globally
- Maintaining, updating and fault finding Fitch Group end point protection
- Logging, updating, resolving and assigning to others if necessary, all tickets received in the ticketing system, adhering to procedure.
- Methodically troubleshoot issues, discussing with other technical support staff when required, to research and find solutions.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation for user or technician processes.
- Share technical knowledge with other Desktop Engineers and Service Desk staff
- Contact and work with third party vendors as required for incident and request resolution.
- Research and investigate new desktop technologies and make recommendations on how they could be used or benefit Fitch Group
- Perform user training when required.
- Liaise with local office technical point of contact at branch offices as required.
- Liaise with 3rd Party providers in coordination of resolution/maintenance activities.
- Assist in project deployments when required.
Skills and experience:
- Positive can-do attitude with a mature and professional approach.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnosis skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills. Must have the ability to listen carefully, express ideas clearly and converse comfortably with a stranger, particularly under pressurized situations either in person or on the telephone.
- Proven, excellent written communication skills – to write professional emails, communicate a range of information to staff across all levels of seniority, create documentation and write up research and analyze data.
- Strong eye for detail and a very good ability to follow procedures and implement them with users.
- Enthusiasm for and genuine interest in IT and technical support. Must also have excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent team working skills, ability to communicate well with others and share ideas as well as knowledge for the benefit of the team.
- Strong eye for detail and an ability to follow procedures and implement them with users.
- Must also be patient and empathetic to the issues and concerns of others.
- Strong planning and organizational skills to enable proactive management of calls.
- Methodical approach with lateral thinking ability.
- Ability to cope with demanding situations.
- Willingness to be involved all aspects of IT