ERM Senior Analyst--Data Analytics and Reporting
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 20 Mär 19
ERM Senior Analyst--Data Analytics and Reporting
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
Job Description: As an ERM Data Analytics and Reporting Analyst with ERM, you will be challenged with identifying risk through use of data analytic tools and processes. You will work closely with risk owners comprised of ERM Team members and cross functional risk owners to analyze, assess and report current and potential risks. This includes identifying data sources, validating control totals, and developing and executing data analytic procedures that will allow you to analyze and communicate results to the risk owners and business partners and supporting ERM Director in data visualizations through report and dashboard creation through the Archer GRC tool and report visualization tools
- As a member of the ERM team, the Sr. Analyst - Reporting will,
- Leverage data analysis skills and business knowledge to help identify, quantify, and assess risks through the timely collection, validation and analysis of data from a variety of sources, including KRI and trend analysis.
- Deliver reporting and analyses that support ERM projects and assists in the development of enhanced data analytics and dashboard creation.
- Play a key role in providing the results of automated monitoring and testing via Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Key Risk Indicator (KRI) metric reporting
- Support the Director in promoting consistent use and implementation of risk management policy and standards throughout the firm through the Archer GRC System
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and reports for internal and external (auditors, clients, regulatory agencies, consultants, etc.) use by running queries and creating reports
- Undertake on-going reviews and challenge of risk and control information for Divisions, and performance of risk mitigation and remediation activities
- Ensure key trends and issues are brought forward from reporting into management summaries clearly and accurately
- Work independently to gather, analyze, and report information from the firm's databases, and other data sources as necessary
- Work on projects and collaborate with different teams in developing new report building tools and both static and interactive reports with text and visualizations
- Assists the Director with analyzing the risk exposure on a portfolio basis for a specific Division
- Work with business partners to learn the systems and data-sources to extract, transform, load, and validate the data.
- Use analytic tools to script/program/visualize the data and risk analytics objectives.
- Promote Archer GRC system awareness across Divisions through education and training to help drive improvement in the way it is used
- Partner with CME Group data warehouse and robotic process automation subject matter experts to identify and implement efficiency and quality improvement opportunities within ERM.
Experience/Qualification: The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded technical background with the proven ability to apply Project Management and Process Improvement best practices. The candidate additionally will have or exhibit the following:
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience within financial services or technology industry operations. Prior experience in Risk Management, or Internal Audit preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Analytics, Mathematics, or related field.
- 2+ years of data visualization experience (Tableau, Power BI, Crystal Reports, etc.).
- Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint and GRC systems (e.g., Archer),
- Knowledge of ERM practices; demonstrated experience in developing and implementing aspects of Enterprise and/or Operational Risk programs preferred.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with senior management, and business and technical partners
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team and ability to foster working relationships
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and continuous improvement