Energy Products Analyst
The candidate will work in partnership with the Energy Products team to design and implement the business line strategy. Specifically, this role will prepare quantitative and qualitative analysis to support product line managers in identifying growth opportunities for their products, as well as other more advanced analytics and strategic work to support the business.
- Play an integral part of the Energy BLM by helping cross-regional team members across product lines (crude oil and refined products, natural gas, environmental, and options) gather and analyze data to help grow the overall business
- Create informative, data-driven presentations for senior members of the team to present to internal and external audiences
- Work with different departments across the company on time sensitive Energy data analysis that help summarize the businessâ€™s goals, initiatives, customer performance, etc.
- Create financial models to assess current and potential fee strategies, manage performance evaluation of fee initiatives
- Provide customer support on product specific inquiries and occasional external data requests
- Possess a strong interest in the energy market, specifically around crude oil and refined products
- Preparing for client meetings and joining discussions to gather insights on our business
- Studying the competitive landscape and presenting opportunities for CME growth
- Bachelor Degree or higher in a related discipline
- Analytical skills, including the ability to turn complex raw data into a useful summary
- Ability to learn quickly and execute projects with limited guidance
- An understanding of the financial system and CME Groupâ€™s markets, and particularly a desire to learn more
- Strong experience in Excel, PowerPoint and Database
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.