CME Group is currently looking for a summer intern to join the Data Analytics (DA) team within the Global Assurance (internal audit) department.
The intern will assist the Global Assurance DA team with day-to-day activities supporting audit execution and department operations. Additionally, the intern will assist in the execution of a data analytics special project, such as the creation of a database to support internal audits. This will involve drafting and designing the project, as well as developing supplemental reports (both in spreadsheet and visual forms). The project will include solving business problems using tools such as Python, SQL, MS Access, and Tableau.
- Support the DA team in executing audit and department operations support.
- Partner with members of the DA team to create a data storage system.
- Support creation of visuals and reports to analyze DA team and department activities.
- Perform ad hoc analysis using data from various systems and explain results of analysis.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to ensure strong understanding of analysis (visualizations, underlying calculations, etc.) that was performed.
Skills / Software Requirements:
Microsoft Professional Office Applications, including MS PowerPoint. Data analysis tools (Python/R, Tableau, MS Access, SQL) and Archer (or similar electronic work paper tools desirable but not required).
Currently pursuing a BA/BS or Masters/Advanced Degree in: Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, or related technical field. (Required)
Primary office location at 20 South Wacker, Chicago, IL.
- Obtaining Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.