Lead Java Software Engineer - large data sets, cutting edge technologies
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Lead Java Software Engineer for Regulatory Systems independently engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions to advance CME Group in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
80% Hands-On Lead Development role
20% Technical Lead/Mentoring/Architect
• Develops designs for all aspects of a project; Mentors senior software engineers.
• Defines key metrics driving code optimization and leads discussion of code reviews; Manages environment build deployments, release notes and build notices; Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects as well as identify solution problems and issues outside code.
• Exhibits language proficiency and independently writes application modules and unit tests as well as designs independently.
• Contributes to architectural discussions. Interprets and enforces architecture for a development team. Mentors developers, and is influential within company division.
• Influences best practices development, contributing to process enhancements, and enforces best practices on project work.
• Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related field
• 7+ years of software development experience required
• 5+ years of Java development
• Proficient in SQL knowledge with intermediate database modeling and skilled in database tuning
• Must be experienced developing in a Big Data environment
• ETL experience is required, use of Informatica is a plus
• Experience with distributed processing frameworks such as Hadoop and any associated tools such as Hive or Pig
• Experience/exposure with cloud-based technologies such AWS EC2, S3, EBS, etc.