Contact | Senior Consulting Manager - Manufacturing Operations
- Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Make your mark. Our management consulting team focuses on our clients critical business needs. From strategy to operations and everything in between, our integrated solution approach is designed to help enable and manage growth, leverage resources, and mitigate costs and risks. At Plante Moran, we have a privilege of serving clients and providing consultative services as they face challenges and seek new opportunities.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead strategic Operations engagements with a focus on Shop Floor and Supply Chain for clients in a variety of industries (Manufacturing & Distribution within Aerospace; Appliance; Automotive; Electronics; Food and Beverage; and Medical Device) which utilize different process technologies (Blending; Forming; Molding; Stamping; Machining; Fabrication and Assembly)
- Consult with clients to identify their business and operational goals, and work with team to assess processes, benchmark optimal performance and improvement opportunities, which may include:
- Lean Manufacturing / waste reduction
- Throughput improvement
- Make vs. Buy analysis
- Equipment utilization
- Product Launch and Management
- Quality Management and Improvement
- Manufacturing footprint analysis
- Partner with executives and decision-makers to develop, communicate and implement recommendations
- Manage multiple client teams to execute complex, multi-layered projects and produce client deliverables
- Mentor, oversee and develop internal staff
- Support and lead practice development activities, including driving proposal development, attend networking events and identify new opportunities at current and targeted clients
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or business-related field is required. MBA or Master's is preferred
- 10-15 years of project-related Operations experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of plant floor, supply chain and back office operations; and knowledge of a wide range of plant equipment, Industry 4.0 concepts and technologies and manufacturing technology systems
- previous consulting experience is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Project, Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
- Project Management (PMP) Certification is a plus
- Frequent travel throughout the region, with approximately 50% - 75% overnight travel
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazines 100 Best Companies to Work For, and 20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services. At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively jerk-free culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.