Market Surveillance Analyst
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Market Regulation Registrar area is responsible for the on-boarding, reporting, and oversight of all facilities and service providers related to CME Groups physically delivered futures contracts. Registrar Analysts monitor and analyze activity related to the physical delivery in CME commodities and is tasked with protecting the integrity of our markets. Principal Accountabilities:
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Conduct investigations into breaches of delivery rules of CME Group metals, agriculture, and energy contracts
- Evaluate inventory reports and understanding the impact/affects the supply will have on the corresponding derivatives market
- Perform physical inspections of facilities, warehouses, and depositories
- Interaction with market participants around the delivery process and responding to customer inquiries regarding contract deliveries
- Reviewing of Applications of firms applying to be part of the CME delivery process. Analyzing if they comply with rules and making a recommendation to management for approval/denial
Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel. Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Proactive, flexible, and detail-oriented
- Some travel will be required with performing physical inspections of facilities