Join the marketing team at CME Group and dive into data-driven marketing at the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. Fully integrated with our team on Day 1, our Interns wear many hats and gain exposure to a range of marketing activities, from strategy and execution to metrics and reporting to competitive intelligence. Day-to-day responsibilities include participating in brainstorming sessions for product positioning and campaign planning, maintaining and creating client-facing materials in print and online, pulling and analyzing data from a range of marketing channels and using this data to inform strategy and tactics, monitoring the competitive landscape to help identify real-time marketing opportunities across social and digital channels. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, ready to learn and act quickly and will have completed at least one marketing internship previously. While a familiarity with economics is a plus, it is not essential. An insatiable curiosity and willingness to learn are crucially important.
The principal accountabilities for this position are:
• Maintain and create client-facing materials in print and online
- Pull and analyze data from a range of marketing channels and use this data to inform distribution strategy and tactics
- Participate in brainstorming sessions for product positioning and campaign planning
- Research adjacent markets and conduct competitive analysis
- Write and proofread communications
- Prepare internal presentations
- Assist with the review of qualified leads in the marketing pipeline and other lead generation activities.
• Prior marketing experience, B2B experience a plus
- Passion for marketing and communications; interest in financial markets a bonus
- Highly-organized and able to manage projects and conflicting priorities
- Proactive and eager to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must thrive in a fast paced, iterative, deadline-driven environment
- Candidate must be local to Chicago and able to come in office on a hybrid schedule
• Currently pursuing a BA/BS
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.