Description Experienced Auditor Global Assurance
The Global Assurance Experienced Internal Auditor conducts integrated internal audits and special reviews to provide assurance regarding the existence and effectiveness of financial, operational, and technology internal controls. The internal audit senior plans and executes routine audit assignments in accordance with accepted professional and departmental standards and prepares formal written reports to management summarizing audit results.
As an Experienced Auditor, you will be part of an audit team comprised of an Audit Manager and two-three peers to perform six to eight audits annually, often concurrently, in various CME subject and processes areas. You will leverage your strong audit and analytic skills to participate in business process reviews to help establish the scope of the audits. Your professional skepticism and ability to efficiently understand and deconstruct processes will allow you to identify and asses risk. You will provide coaching to junior members of the team throughout the execution of the audit.
You will use your strong oral and written communication skills to professionally conduct interviews with our business partners, clearly and accurately document results of your tests, and effectively communicate results to GA leadership. In addition to performing audits, you will have the opportunity to participate on continuous improvement projects to improve the overall efficiency and quality of department activities and deliverables. During your time in GA, you will be provided opportunities to build your audit knowledge with the goal of obtaining an audit certification within two years of joining. Principle Accountabilities:
- Create accurate, logical and detailed work-papers clearly describing the work performed, results of testing and conclusions reached.
- Maintain positive and collaborative business relationships with GA's clients (auditees) and business partners (e.g., other internal risk management functions) to support effective and efficient audit execution.
- Execute complex audits to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, verify compliance with corporate policies and procedures, and identify opportunities to enhance operating efficiencies and/or reduce costs.
- Partner with more senior members of the GA team to provide recommendations to management for strengthening controls and work with management to develop acceptable solutions to mitigate risk.
- Prepare comprehensive written reports detailing the results of the audit.
- Maintain and promote knowledge of the CME's operations, including policies and procedures and any applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assist Global Assurance management in developing Global Assurance best practices/standards and audit plans, as needed.
- 3-5+ years of experience conducting financial, operational, and compliance audits.
- Bachelor's degree with significant coursework in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Internal Audit.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and GRC systems (e.g., Archer, TeamMate), or similar electronic workpaper management tool.
- Experience with data analysis tools (e.g., Tableau, ACL, Business Objects).
- CPA, CIA, CFE or relevant certification preferred or in progress.
- Understanding of various governance frameworks and standards such as COSO or CFTC Regulations.
- Knowledge of Financial Markets, including MTFs and third-party post-trade service organizations.
- Understanding of the issues and risks impacting the futures industry.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.