Schwab Compliance Solutions is comprised of Schwab Compliance Technologies (SCT) and Designated Brokerage Services (DBS), provides cloud-based compliance automation software for brokerage firms, hedge funds, investment advisors, private equity firms, pension funds and public companies. SCT provides a scalable and customizable platform to centralize their employees’ disclosures, tracking, surveillance and reporting in accordance with SEC/FINRA regulations and individual corporate compliance policies and codes.
What youre good at
- Develop highly reliable and scalable solutions to meet business requirements
- Ability to develop application and platform architecture design sessions.
- Ability to effectively communicate sophisticated architecture designs to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Ability to conceptualize the best tactical approach for the team to deliver a project
- Champion/ensure consistency to coding, compliance, & security standards (including documenting functionality/recovery solutions).
- Senior Developer including performance tuning, testing, re-factoring, usability, and automation
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, preferably Blue-Green deployments and DevOps principles
- Excellent technical design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Software development activities related to technical design, development, unit testing, deployment and maintenance of Java/J2EE/PCF based web applications
- Demonstrated ability and interest in coaching and mentoring other engineers
- Ability to work multi-functionally with internal and external stakeholders including offshore teams and manage offshore development activities
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies, values and procedures
What you have
- S/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience with the following: J2EE(some experience with Java 8 preferred), Spring framework(Spring Boot, Spring Data) and Web Services (REST, SOAP), BDD Framework
- Experience in Distributed Databases: Preferred: MongoDB 4.0 (Data Modeling, Performance Tuning)
- Experience in Cloud deployment(PCF/AWS) in a continuous integration and continuous delivery model (CI/CD) is preferred
- Experience with cloud native applications with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) is a plus
- Experience with continuous build process using Bamboo, Bitbucket/Git, or similar tools is preferred
- Experience with the Atlassian tool stack (JIRA, Confluence)
- Knowledge of developing Visio diagrams, architectural and design documentations, functional and technical specifications, automated test process
- Ability to research and document production and test environments along with architecture and design work
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology and experience in an Agile working environment
- Ability to effectively engage domain experts and understand technical topics
- Ability to work effectively with technical and business specialists
- Willingness and ability to learn all aspects of test data management and associated tools
- Ability to analyze and solve problems creatively
- Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills