Northern Trust is focused on identifying and designing digital experiences that enhance user interactions through a human-centered process. The Senior UX/UI Designer on the Digital Experience team in Corporate Marketing is responsible for leading User Experience design initiatives for our public digital marketing channels including web, social and mobile. The role will be instrumental in ensuring we push our practice to better understand our customers and address their needs across all their Northern Trust digital touchpoints.
1. Serve as subject matter expert who brings UX thinking to the overall marketing communications process. Speak for clients needs, goals, activities, experiences and mindset throughout a project
2. Conceptualize, develop and manage best in class creative solutions in the digital and online space
3. Translate business strategies into design opportunities
4. Apply and extend brand identity design systems, including typography, photography, color, tone of voice and other components appropriately to create innovative visual and functional solutions that meet business and project needs
6. Provide quality assurance of digital creative deliverables
7. Create UX artifacts, such as interaction models, task flows, personas, customer journey maps, wireframes, site maps and user/functional requirements that are relevant to the project
8. Plan, implement and analyze research, including but not limited to interviews and usability sessions. Act upon feedback to evolve and constantly improve systems and implementations
9. Lead creative input sessions, client presentations, status updates and other meetings needed to support projects.
10. Help manage relationships with external suppliers and vendors as needed to ensure quality and timely services
11. Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function
12. As a subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level
13. Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult
14. Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities
Proficiency with wire-framing and prototyping tools (Axure, Sketch, InVision, etc.).
Strong design/creative portfolio and online presence expertise.
Experience conducting both quantitative and qualitative research studies.
Experience building detailed customer journey maps.
Highly flexible and adaptable to change
Excellent communication skills, easily adaptable, exceptionally organized, strong presentation skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the worlds most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Wed love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the worlds most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.