Marketing Content Manager
Oak Brook, IL, USA
Inland Real Estate Investment Corporation, an entity within The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc., is looking for a Marketing Content Manager to join the investment marketing team to support the firm’s REIT, private placement and 1031 exchange offerings. Inland Real Estate Investment Corporation is one of the nation’s largest commercial real estate and finance organizations headquartered in Oak Brook, IL. The Marketing Content Manager will be responsible for executing key product marketing deliverables, including project management, writing, production and delivery. This is a hands-on position on a high performing team that requires a nimble orientation, flexible work style yet strict adherence to creating and executing successful marketing strategies and deliverables.
This role is responsible for leading content ideation and executing content development. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional writer with a strong financial services background and an ability to engage an audience with fresh and innovative copy. The Marketing Content Manager will have exceptional project management skills and be agile in coordinating delivery and support of content-related elements. It will be important to understand investment products, markets, competitive landscape, business lines and technology solutions, and apply content marketing best practices to help achieve goals.
- Work closely with Vice President, Investments Marketing to provide relevant product content for all public and private product offerings
- Leverage financial industry knowledge, conduct research and source necessary information to competitively position products and craft messaging strategy
- Write, produce and deliver product marketing materials from concept to completion that include brochures, pitch books, fact sheets, presentations, landing pages, white papers and webinars (slides and scripts), and website content
- Efficiently and accurately write best-in-class content and format investor communications such as annual reports, investor letters, investor reports and webinars (slides and scripts)
- Partner with digitally-focused teammates to generate content for email nurture campaigns (body copy, headers and subject lines), write video scripts, aid in social media efforts and deliver website content
- Evaluate content created by colleagues and provide constructive feedback, offering opportunities to build and grow skill sets
- Manage the content development process from ideation to final product and delivery, whether print or digital; collaborate with internal stakeholders, processing feedback and gaining approvals
- Identify ideas for new content through close collaboration with sales executives
- Oversee all brand and product content to ensure accuracy
- Collaborate with legal and compliance on regulatory considerations
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or similar.
- 5-8 years of financial services or related industry content creation/marketing experience
- Strong project management, verbal communication and written skills
- Creative and innovative thinking skills
- Ability to work independently while being a highly collaborative content leader
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of design and production process
- Familiarity with Salesforce is desirable