Associate, Personal Banking Naperville, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Naperville-IL-USA/Associate--Personal-Banking_R200011533/apply
1200 E. Warrenville Road
Job Family Group:
Retail Banking Sales & Service
Understands customer needs and provides credit and lending-related sales and service to BMO customers or prospects. Advises customers on lending/credit card strategies and products that meet their objectives. Fulfills sales and service activities for the customer in accordance with approved procedures. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups as needed.
- Delivers exceptional customer service that builds trust through expertise, providing responsive service and support.
- Contacts the customer to obtain the necessary information to manage their application and ensure the customer is aware at all times of the status/result of the credit application.
- Stays abreast of consumer needs, industry trends and best practices, and the regulatory environment as it relates to the products and services provided.
- Handles incoming calls in an informed, professional, and efficient manner.
- May provide training and coaching to junior associates as needed.
- Probes to understand customer needs and provides advice related to personal banking and credit card strategies in the best interests of the customer.
- Manages all transactional outcomes of customer calls or defers to appropriate internal business groups.
- Escalates complex or unresolved customer situations to managers as required.
- Performs any required activities to ensure customers requests are accurately processed.
- Maintains current knowledge of personal banking and credit card industries, practices, and trends and integrates into customer conversations in a professional manner.
- Integrates marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations when appropriate.
- Maintains the confidentiality of customer and Bank information.
- Identifies and reports suspicious patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Adheres to regulatory and compliance requirements, including Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing reporting requirements, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) consumer provision requirements and Privacy Act provisions.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 2 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of personal banking products.
- Knowledge of competitive marketplace and trends in product offerings.
- Knowledge of contact centre operational processes and policies.
- Knowledge of call centre technology, processes and metrics.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted YesterdayFull timeR200011533 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.