Senior Accountant Senior Accountant
- - Rockford, IL
- Full Time
- Competitive benefits package including 401(k) and incentive bonus.
As a member of the Finance team, the Senior Accountant is responsible for a variety of corporate accounting functions, including general ledger entry, bank reconciliations, fixed assets, financial/line of business/management and Board reporting, along with Financial Planning and Analysis functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Accountant can expect to focus in the following areas:
• Review of monthly and quarterly financial reports for accuracy.
• Review of monthly and quarterly variance analysis.
• Review of work performed by the accounting staff.
• Ensure financial transactions and events have been recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Conduct research on generally accepted accounting principles when needed and present findings to Controller or management.
• Ensure reconciliations and tasks for the accounting staff have been completed per the monthly and quarterly reporting calendar. Assist in prioritizing staff schedules.
• Provide information to senior management as well as individuals or organizations outside the company; explain accounting transactions; resolve accounting issues and discrepancies.
• Prepare and review monthly and quarterly management reports.
• Assist in preparing the budget annually and projections as needed on an on-going basis.
Financial Planning and Analysis Duties
• Update and maintain computerized financial reporting and analysis systems.
• Participate in the development and preparation of reports and financial statements.
• Provide management with various reports, either monthly or ad-hoc, to assist with strategic and financial decision-making.
• Provide cost allocation analysis for locations and operational units; identify and recommend related improvements to allocation rules, methodology, and general ledger structure.
• Develop or assist in developing modeling, analysis, research and advisory support.
• Responsible for the calculation of incentive awards and providing oversight to ensure equitability and adherence to management interpretation and plan documents.
• Lead role in the preparation of the annual budget, rolling and multi-year forecasts.
• Assist with support and analysis for acquisition integration and special projects as requested.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position.
The Senior Accountant postiion typically requires the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 5 or more years in general accounting experience at a financial services firm
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Access (preferred) or similar computerized ledger system required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Any combination of equivalent education and work experience will be considered.
Savant Capital Management https://savantcapital.hirecentric.com
Savant Capital, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Apply Now
- * Fields Are Required About You: Contact Info: Cell* Home Work Location Info: Country*United StatesCanadaAustraliaNew ZealandUnited KingdomAfghanistanAland IslandsAlbaniaAlgeriaAmerican SamoaAndorraAngolaAnguillaAntarcticaAntigua and BarbudaArgentinaArmeniaArubaAsia/Pacific RegionAustriaAzerbaijanBahamasBahrainBangladeshBarbadosBelarusBelgiumBelizeBeninBermudaBhutanBoliviaBosnia and HerzegovinaBotswanaBouvet IslandBrazilBritish Indian Ocean TerritoryBrunei DarussalamBulgariaBurkina FasoBurundiCambodiaCameroonCape VerdeCayman IslandsCentral African RepublicChadChileChinaChristmas IslandCocos (Keeling) IslandsColombiaComorosCongoCongo The Democratic Republic of theCook IslandsCosta RicaCote d'IvoireCroatiaCubaCyprusCzech RepublicDenmarkDjiboutiDominicaDominican RepublicEcuadorEgyptEl SalvadorEquatorial GuineaEritreaEstoniaEthiopiaEuropeFalkland Islands (Malvinas)Faroe IslandsFijiFinlandFranceFrance MetropolitanFrench GuianaFrench PolynesiaFrench Southern TerritoriesGabonGambiaGeorgiaGermanyGhanaGibraltarGreeceGreenlandGrenadaGuadeloupeGuamGuatemalaGuernseyGuineaGuinea-BissauGuyanaHaitiHeard Island and McDonald IslandsHoly See (Vatican City State)HondurasHong KongHungaryIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIran Islamic Republic ofIraqIrelandIsle of ManIsraelItalyJamaicaJapanJerseyJordanKazakhstanKenyaKiribatiKorea Democratic People's Republic ofKorea Republic ofKuwaitKyrgyzstanLao People's Democratic RepublicLatviaLebanonLesothoLiberiaLibyan Arab JamahiriyaLiechtensteinLithuaniaLuxembourgMacaoMacedoniaMadagascarMalawiMalaysiaMaldivesMaliMaltaMarshall IslandsMartiniqueMauritaniaMauritiusMayotteMexicoMicronesia Federated States ofMoldova Republic ofMonacoMongoliaMontenegroMontserratMoroccoMozambiqueMyanmarNamibiaNauruNepalNetherlandsNetherlands AntillesNew CaledoniaNicaraguaNigerNigeriaNiueNorfolk IslandNorthern IrelandNorthern Mariana IslandsNorwayOmanOtherPakistanPalauPalestinian TerritoryPanamaPapua New GuineaParaguayPeruPhilippinesPitcairnPolandPortugalPuerto RicoQatarReunionRomaniaRussian FederationRwandaSaint BartelemeySaint HelenaSaint Kitts and NevisSaint LuciaSaint MartinSaint Pierre and MiquelonSaint Vincent and the GrenadinesSamoaSan MarinoSao Tome and PrincipeSaudi ArabiaSenegalSerbiaSerbia and MontenegroSeychellesSierra LeoneSingaporeSlovakiaSloveniaSolomon IslandsSomaliaSouth AfricaSouth Georgia and the South Sandwich IslandsSpainSri LankaSudanSurinameSvalbard and Jan MayenSwazilandSwedenSwitzerlandSyrian Arab RepublicTaiwanTajikistanTanzania United Republic ofThailandTimor-LesteTogoTokelauTongaTrinidad and TobagoTunisiaTurkeyTurkmenistanTurks and Caicos IslandsTuvaluUgandaUkraineUnited Arab EmiratesUnited States Minor Outlying IslandsUruguayUzbekistanVanuatuVenezuelaVietnamVirgin Islands BritishVirgin Islands U.S.Wallis and FutunaWestern SaharaYemenZambiaZimbabwe State*Other Apply for this Position
Applicant Tracking Software by - © 2019 - Local Time is 02-Nov-2019 02:08 AM
- Follow Us On Social Media