Overview Market & Wealth Services Summer Internship Program
BNY Mellon's Market & Wealth Services (M&WS) is comprised of the Markets, Pershing, Treasury Services, Credit Services, and Clearance and Collateral Management businesses and plays a crucial role at the center of global finance. The Summer Internship Program offers high-potential, diverse junior talent with developmental opportunities and exposure to the platform through valuable, strategic projects that align to critical business needs. This program is designed for the driven student seeking real-world experience and with a desire to build a unique portfolio of transferable skills which will prepare them for a long-term career within the financial services industry. Program at a Glance
M&WS is at the center of BNY Mellon's provision of sophisticated solutions to our clients and we rely on this robust campus recruiting program to develop our early career talent. This 10-week summer internship assignment will directly place you within one of the M&WS businesses and deliver meaningful work assignments meant to drive strategic initiatives forward and offer first-hand experience with clients. What's in it For You
Our Ideal Candidate
- Two-day orientation/onboarding and virtual training curriculum
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including assignment managers, senior mentors, business stakeholders, and a dedicated program manager
- Exposure to a variety of disciplines, including trading, sales, and product
- Access to over 4,000 M&WS employees based in more than 20 countries with whom you will have daily interactions with, learning about the needs of clients across various markets and financial conditions
- Intellectually curious with a questioning mindset with a passion for contributing to the future of BNY Mellon
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Aptitude for analytic and quantitative thinking
- Team-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced, global working environment
- Consultative, with a client-friendly disposition and strong presentation skills
- Proactive, self-starter with digital literacy or curiosity about future of digital in finance
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree program with a strong focus on business-related and/or technology-related majors
- Rising senior (U.S.) or penultimate year students during summer 2022
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better in the U.S., or equivalent
- Does not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where they apply.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.