Account Officer, VP
Who we are looking for
Join a team dedicated to extending credit products to existing and potential clients of State Street. Your work will contribute to maintaining and growing our relationships - the heart and soul of State Street's strategy.
The Global Credit Finance (GCF) division is made up of approximately 120 employees located in the United States and the United Kingdom. It provides a range of credit lending products to potential and existing clients of State Street. The business extends credit to clients from a wide range of products and industries including Fund Finance, Commercial Real Estate, Leveraged Loans, Municipal Finance and Stable Value Wrap.
Alternatives Lending sits within the Fund Finance department, which is a key driver of revenue for the division and has $35B of loans outstanding. The Alternatives team provides subscription finance products to some of the world's leading Private Equity Sponsors and Fund of Hedge Fund Managers.
An incoming VP/Director on the team should possess a positive attitude and strong client/market facing skills. The successful candidate will have an ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders to source, negotiate, execute, and potentially syndicate bilateral or agented subscription facilities. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Account Officer, VP you will
What we value
- Grow and manage portfolio of fund level credit facilities to alternative investments funds.
- Work closely with Sector Solutions Sales and Relationship Management teams across STT to identify and develop cross-sell opportunities and ensure client retention.
- Manage due diligence process and underwriting of subscription credit facilities, including successful legal documentation.
- Present and liaise effectively with respective deal committees and stakeholders internally such as operations, legal, risk management, etc.
- Network within the fund finance and alternative investment management industries, to promote and strengthen State Street's reputation, develop strong relationships and source lending opportunities, including bilateral, syndicated and participated transactions.
- Provide effective portfolio oversight and management reporting in accordance with State Street risk framework.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing on specific business initiatives and transactions.
- Manage ongoing relationships with clients and assist in developing new credit products and solutions for clients.
- Provide mentorship to AVP, Officer and Senior Associate members of the team.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Funds Lending industry knowledge and experience in credit structuring and relationship management with a focus on the Fund Finance industry.
About State Street What we do.
- Degree in Business, Economics, Finance or liberal arts; MBA or CFA a plus but not required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of commercial lending experience; prior subscription finance lending and or syndication experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in credit markets, commercial loan structuring, risk assessment, and legal documentation.
- Strong analytical, credit underwriting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to interface personally and professionally with clients at the C-Suite level.
- Ability to develop business relationships within and outside of the organization.
- Experience in subscription credit facility origination/underwriting
- Knowledge of FX Derivatives and other capital markets a plus.
- Familiarity with KYC/AML.
- A positive attitude, a client service mindset and high level of attention to details.
- Strong excel skills and prior Salesforce experience is desirable.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers