Associate Data Scientist
The Associate Data Scientist develops analytics using a wide range of data sources to directly help the research, portfolio construction and trading processes across a range of different investment teams and shares responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of these processes. This will be done under the guidance of senior members of the team. Responsibilities
- Engineer processes to gather data from a wide variety of data sources and construct and maintain data validation processes.
- Actively participate in research projects through idea generation, data preparation, rigorous analysis, reaching sensible conclusions and making actionable recommendations.
- Assist in enriching the team's analytic tools and capabilities; help enable others across the front office as they seek to improve and modernize their analytic capabilities.
- Present results of data analysis using data visualization techniques within applications such as Shiny, Dash and Jupyter.
- Research advanced data science methods and techniques.
- Excellent quantitative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong programming skills, including proficiency in a data analysis language (Python, R).
- Clear, concise, proactive communication skills.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness, and a cooperative can-do attitude.
About Our Company
- Experience with cloud computing and its application to data science.
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.