Business Analyst II
Provide business management support to the Columbia Threadneedle Investments (CTI) team, specifically relating to Aladdin, our Global Investment system for portfolio management, trading, risk and analytics. This role will require significant interaction with our Aladdin vendor, BlackRock Solutions (BRS), to continually develop Aladdin to harmonize with changing CTI process needs and to coordinate the release of enhancements and new versions of Aladdin tools. Work directly with Investment personnel and other departments to support critical business applications and processes. This role will help our business to ensure we are fully utilizing all aspects of the Aladdin system and drive increased uptake and use of all the available Aladdin tools and best practices.
It will be necessary to document procedures, operating models, and train teams where necessary. Also, to assist with the monitoring of the ongoing service provided by BRS to ensure they meet Front Office requirements. Responsibilities
• Work with Business Managers to provide input from an Aladdin perspective as processes are developed in response to business change as well as monitor ongoing service provided by BRS.
• Work with the front office business to understand our current use of Aladdin and help to drive further uptake and broad utilization of the Aladdin system to derive the most benefit from the system.
• Assist Business Managers with communication to Front Office regarding urgent Aladdin issues.
• Coordinate the release of enhancements and new versions of Aladdin tools across the Front Office.
• Work closely with Investment Team to highlight weekly releases that may impact or add value to workflows and processes.
• Support the Aladdin permission process and ensure adherence to audit reviews and controls.
• Manage the ongoing prioritization of BAU (Business as Usual) development items.
• Work with Portfolio Manager Assistants (PMAs) where necessary to test any change before implementation.
• Work with Business Managers to facilitate global collaboration and achieve global consistency where possible.
• Interact with key business partners: Compliance, Legal, Middle Office Operations, Products, Tax, Accounting, Reporting, Performance. Work with these groups to support the portfolio management teams where needed.
• Project management for many new initiatives, including new product launches, system installations.
• Perform analysis, requirements gathering, operating model designs, and coordinate business agreement, develop training and support documentation for large changes or developments.
• Document clear and testable business requirements and operating model design specifications.
• Continually look to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the processes across investments. Required Qualifications
• Associates degree or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years relevant experience.
• Skills, capabilities, knowledge and experience required to achieve outputs.
• A self-starter: motivated and able to act on own initiative. Enthusiastic.
• Approachable and able to collaborate with people globally at all levels in the organization.
• Inquisitive, with good logical, analytical, and diagnostic skills.
• Pro-active, owns and resolves issues; has a strong attention to detail. Delivery focused. Must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects at one time.
• Able to deliver to tight deadlines, while maintaining quality.
• Able to determine and document requirements from business users.
• Facilitation of meetings & the completion of deliverables.
• Must work well independently, with little work direction and be able to drive work that needs to be done. High level of initiative.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically in Excel. Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree.
• Knowledge and experience of Aladdin functionality.
• A sound knowledge of the operational processes that support portfolio management and impacts that changes to Front Office processes might have on the middle and back office processes.
• Experience of working with third party providers and internal tech teams to manage priorities.
• A good understanding of equities, fixed income, and derivative investments.