Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
As a Data Architect, you will analyze, assess, document and design scalable and sustainable data architecture and data management solutions, addressing critical business use cases. You will partner with cross-functional teams to provide subject matter expertise on data architecture that includes designing, creating, deploying and managing solutions that align with enterprise data strategy. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- The data architect understands and actively participates in system development life cycle; agile software/application delivery methodologies; and requirements, design, and test techniques. The data architect is asked to conceptualize and influence business applications, and therefore must understand what advice to give and where to plug-in to steer toward desirable outcomes.
- Solid understanding of modern data architectures patterns, including cloud and on premise data repositories, as well as modern data integration approaches.
- Facilitate data requirements conversation with business and technical stakeholders resolving conflicts to drive decisions and consensus.
- Establish and maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models for both relational and dimensional solutions that are compliant with enterprise standards, including detailed descriptions of business entities, attributes, and data relationships as well as the definition of business rules governing the integrity, archiving, and audit requirements of the data
- Assist in establishing, maintaining, and enforcing data model design principles, techniques, and standards.
- Remain current on emerging data technologies and principles and recommend enhancements to the enterprise data architecture and strategy to continuously drive enhanced business capabilities.
- Work with enterprise data governance team to build and maintain data dictionaries and business glossaries, data definitions and metadata for all business-critical data domains.
- Analyze existing systems using manual or automated data analysis/profiling to reverse engineer data requirements.
- Assist developers with complex query development and performance optimization.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Computer Science, Business Data Processing, Computer Information Systems or related field is required.
- Minimum five - seven (5-7) years' data modeling experience in an agile work-environment delivering transactional and operational, reporting/analytical (EDW/Data Lake/NoSQL) solutions.
- Extensive hands on experience in data warehousing design, ETL/ELT, BI/Analytics Data Repositories development.
- Understanding of enterprise and reporting modeling concepts, including dimensional modeling, snowflakes, slowly changing dimensions, schema on read, irregular dimensions, and surrogate, compound and intelligent keys.
- Experience with Data Modeling Tools (Embarcadero ER/Studio preferred), Knowledge of Data Modeling in Agile Software Development Framework.
- Minimum five - eight (5-8) years Relational database (Sybase, Oracle or MS SQL server) experience (SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers, etc.).
- Industry: 3 years' experience within the investment and mutual fund management industry, high level knowledge of securities & products, counterparties, positions, and transactions data.
- Ability to describe the role of data architecture in supporting diverse use cases such as business processes, Cloud solution, Data Lake, BI, data migration or master data management (MDM).
- Experience with ETL (Informatica's PowerCenter), data quality, data profiling and ad-hoc query tools.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."