Data Team Lead
- Boston, MA, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- 14 Dez 18
About Man Group
Man Group is a global active investment management firm, which runs $114.1bn* of client capital in liquid and private markets, managed by investment specialists based around the world. Headquartered in London, the firm has 15 international offices and operates across multiple jurisdictions. Our business has five specialist investment engines, which represent the range of our capabilities: Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man GPM.
These engines house numerous investment teams, working collaboratively within the framework of Man Group, with a high degree of investment autonomy. Each team benefits from the strength and resources of the firm's single operating platform, enabling their primary focus to be seeking to generate alpha for clients. The teams invest across a diverse range of strategies and asset classes with highly specialized approaches, with long only and alternative strategies run on a discretionary and quantitative basis in single and multi-manager formats. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do and we engage in close dialogue with our investors as strategic partners, to understand their particular needs and constraints. Man Group's investment teams are empowered and supported by our institutional infrastructure and technology, which aims to facilitate the efficient exposure to markets and effective collaboration across the organization.
Through the Man Charitable Trust and sponsorship of the Man Booker Prizes, Man Group is committed to promoting literacy and numeracy on a global scale, and to supporting charitable causes more broadly.
Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.LN and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
*As at 30 September 2018. All investment management and advisory services are offered through the investment "engines" of Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets (GPM).
About Man Numeric
Man Numeric employs systematic security-selection processes that are underpinned by a bottom-up, fundamental approach, offering both long only and alternative strategies. The team's highly experienced professionals operate collaboratively, distilling their analytical and investment expertise into systematic processes which are applied across regions, styles, and capitalizations.
Man Numeric has a strong history in public equities, focusing on bottom-up stock selection processes based on fundamental, causal market relationships and reinforced by continuous research. Its approach seeks to capitalize on temporary market inefficiencies, with models that look to identify mispricing opportunities. Furthermore, the engine seeks to innovate continually and research new areas and opportunities. Man Numeric has significant capabilities in systematic responsible investing, with around half of its assets managed employing some form of sustainability screen.
Founded in 1989 and becoming part of Man Group in 2014, Man Numeric's funds under management were $34.7bn at 30 September 2018. Further information can be found at www.man.com/numeric.
Purpose of Role
The Data Team Lead is responsible for strategy, design, and implementation of data storage and access platforms for quant research and production processes. Data is at the core of everything we do and we are constantly looking at ways to integrate new and innovating data sets that come in many different forms. Our ability to onboard and provide fast access to data is a major competitive advantage.
The Technology team at Man Numeric is a growing, collaborative team of enthusiastic engineers. We specialize in building technology solutions for quant research, portfolio management, and trading.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a growing team of data engineers in design and development of data storage and access platforms
- Coordinate access to new datasets with research teams
- Develop patterns and a process for onboarding new datasets that a researcher can implement
- Design and implement storage for data across MS SQL, mongodb, and future technologies
- Collaborate in architecture and evolution of data pipeline from raw to production
- Build and own a data environment that is robust, high-quality, and provides fast access
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, mission-critical, production environment
- Leadership and visionary skills to shape and grow a team, and advance our data ecosystem
- Proficient working in python (preferred), JVM, or other non-database centric programming language
- Understanding of multiple data storage technologies: SQL, NoSQL, HDF, and beyond
- Experience working with transformation and storage of quant financial data
- Exposure to ETL or other data pipeline tools is a plus
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux environment