Director Quantitative Research
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Director Quantitative Research The Location:
Chicago & Boston Grade:
13 (For Internal Use Only) The Career Opportunity:
You will face interesting challenges and be counted on to creatively determine how best to get your job done. You must value the free exchange of ideas, solicit critical feedback to make your work better, and, above all, find the best solution to the challenge at hand. Along with a keen analytical mind, you are an excellent communicator and writer.
Along with technical skills, the ideal candidate will demonstrate strong character, integrity and respect for others.
Successful candidates will have deep financial market experience and understanding, and have a passion for asset management and risk analysis. In addition, candidates should be able to work well in a team, be highly self-motivated with the ability to execute independently. The Impact:
The internal research role component consists of exploring and testing investment thesis. The results are then thoroughly documented. The team's research is often featured in top-tier media publications.
The external aspect of this role involves communicating the actionable investment insights and solutions resulting from the research. The channels for communication are broad, including: industry events, webinars, and face to face meetings with institutional investment practitioners. A significant amount of time will be spent interacting with clients around investment solutions. The Team:
What kind of team are they joining and why should they want to be a part the business and its culture?
S&P Global Market Intelligence's Quantamental Research group specializes in uncovering new anomalies and differentiated stock selection strategies. Integrated quantamental research products enable portfolio managers, quantitative analysts, and researchers to refine and differentiate their strategies to gain insights into new sources of potential alpha.
Through their research, the group strives to combine the efficiency and breadth of the quantitative approach with the intuition, judgement and deep dive analysis of the fundamental approach.
Areas of focus include:
-Event Driven Investing
-Supply Chain Interactions
-Insights from Academic Literature
-Alternative Data Sets
Leveraging the uniqueness and depth of S&P Global Market Intelligence's combined data and analytics offerings, the research group uncovers new investment insights in their monthly publications. Research findings are frequently cited by mainstream industry publications, including: The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, and Fortune, among others. Responsibilities:
• Conduct hands-on, actionable innovative research around investment strategies using the entire suite of data and analytics at S&P GMI.
• Collaborate with research team members around a variety of research initiatives. All members of the research team drive their own research and support other team members on their initiatives.
• Publish industry leading research in white papers, blogs, research briefs
• Present at sponsored and industry events and conduct webinars
• Work closely with sales as a subject matter expert, providing proof statements to clients around research.
• Work with marketing around thematic research strategies Job Requirements:
• Master's degree or Ph.D. in Statistics, Physical Sciences, Finance, or Technology required, CFA preferred
• Expertise in Machine Learning, NLP and have data science experience.
• 10+ years experience conducting empirical equity research
• Strong technical and programming skills in one or more high level programming languages such Python, R, C++, MatLab etc. Knowledge of SQL required
• Deep analytical mindset and understanding of both a quantitative and fundamental investment approach
• Demonstrable knowledge of statistics and econometrics; as well as capital markets, particularly global equities
• Organized and detail oriented. High degree of comfort with large datasets.
• Able to establish credibility with clients and fellow team members around investment management ideas.
• Passion for asset management, capital markets and portfolio risk management
• Excellent presentation skills
• Intellectual curiosity and inquisitiveness
• Ability to conduct investment research within a dynamic, team based culture
• Ability to explain complex investment concepts in simple terms
• CFA (or working towards) • Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $121,600 to $338,600. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit
https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit
www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster
http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
265090 Posted On:
Chicago, Illinois, United States