Director of Client Technology
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- BNY Mellon Investment Management
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
Director of Client Technology
BNY Asset Management N.A. (AMNA) is seeking a seasoned technology manager to support the Distribution business with all aspects of client-facing technology solutions. The candidate should have a solid background in managing Asset Management Distribution technology teams and a proven track record of delivery. Must have a good grasp of modern technology framework, and intimate knowledge of the institutional Asset Management business.
- Partner with the Distribution business to identify and implement technology solutions in support of Business Development, Client Service, Marketing, Product Management, Performance Measurement, and Client Reporting teams.
- Work with Distribution business partners to establish the vision of Distribution technology including long-term strategy and execution roadmaps.
- Meet with internal clients to understand business needs and define technology requirements.
- Determine buy vs. build solutions. Model and prototype potential solutions to test working theories.
- Design efficient, modular, and maintainable solutions to complex business problems.
- Coordinate with other technology teams to deliver technology solutions in support of the business need.
- Provide quick and effective data analysis to the business in support of operational and strategic business decision-making.
- Build and maintain a centralized Distribution data warehouse as the anchor to reporting, marketing material, and performance measurement tools.
- Identify and manage Distribution-specific data domains (e.g. client, account, flows, etc.) including ensuring high-quality data exists to support the business.
- Provide daily support of the Distribution platforms which include: Salesforce CRM, Eagle PACE data warehouse, public and private web portals, client/account master database, onboarding workflow tools, performance measurement system, and various client and marketing reporting systems.
- Understand vendors and technology trends in the Distribution space and effectively communicate these to business.
- 10+ years of experience in the Asset Management industry with a solid understanding of the buy side investment business, and intimate knowledge of Client Technology systems
- 5+ years of management experience, leading a team of 10+ people
- Familiarity with Distribution technology including client reporting packages, marketing automation and business intelligence platforms
- Knowledge of SQL, VBA, C# or related technical background with some coding ability
- Understanding of modern web driven UI applications, technology frameworks, and the SDLC
- Detail oriented with excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective and savvy communicator with the ability to ask the right questions, understand problems and effectively communicate solutions
- Self-driven and motivated with a strong work ethic are a must
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with other specialized individuals and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- BA/BS in finance, engineering, computer science, or relevant field
- Additional certifications in financial field highly desirable
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Internal Jobcode: 45296
Job: Asset Management
Organization: NA Investment Boutiques-HR13428
Requisition Number: 1808947