Finance and Operations Lead - Voluntary Invesment Platform
- Boston, MA, USA
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- The Boston Consulting Group.
- 29 Jan 18 2018-01-29
The Partner Services Group ( PSG) provides a wide range of services to our Partners. Within PSG, the Voluntary investment Platform offers Partners/senior employees an opportunity to invest into a fund –of-funds administered by BCG. The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure completeness and accuracy of the books and records for the Voluntary Investment Platform funds. The role is highly visible within the group, and will require direct contact with Partners, PSG Leadership and investors when necessary.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work alongside Partner Services Investment Operations Director to maintain Voluntary Investment Platform’s funds’ books and records
• Monitor accounting and reporting of the Voluntary Investment Platform funds and ensure the quality adheres to BCG standards
• Collaborate with PSG Ops and other teams as well as outside advisors and make recommendations on most efficient way to structure future and existing VIP funds from the operational perspective
• Develop a strong relationship with a fund administrator and investment manager
• Work closely with administrator on quarter end process; ensure the that information posted to investors is the most updated and accurate
• Review monthly and quarterly closing packages and communicate with the administrator if changes are need
• Take ownership of the overall operational flow of the funds, including capital call, investor statements and tax statements
• Drive the portfolio pricing work stream and work closely with the administrator to ensure accurate results
• Lead the annual audit for the funds, work closely with fund’s auditors to resolve issues and issue financial statement in a timely manner
• Lead the tax work stream and work closely with tax accountants to issue all appropriate tax statements, including K-1s, tax estimates, withholding forms and composite returns
• Assist with compiling marketing materials for meetings and fundraising
• 5-8 years of relevant experience at a fund administrator or investment manager
• Bachelor's Degree
• Strong knowledge of accounting for investment vehicles
• Knowledge of reporting cycle for investment funds
• Ability to effectively manage direct reports
• Proficient in MS office applications – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
~~BCG is proud to offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package to all of our full-time employees. We offer a competitive base, individual performance bonus, profit sharing retirement fund and complete health and dental coverage. BCG supports a culture focusing on both career and professional development, we offer our employees access to world class trainings through our Learning at BCG (LAB) platform, as well as offering 100% tuition reimbursement for relevant courses and certifications.
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world’s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 10,000 employees across 82 offices in 46 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
Business Services Team/ Global Services
BCG’s Business Services Team (BST) is the operational heart of our business and is invaluable to our success. Within BST, functions support Local offices and Regional jurisdictions. Global and centralized initiatives sit with Global Services (GS), a network of 1000 + professionals in 30 countries though the majority of GS staff sit in ‘hub’ cities eg Boston, New Delhi, London, Munich and Madrid.
Global Services (GS) consists of a varied range of functions providing corporate support of BCG's business and strategic priorities for example, Finance, Legal, HR, Marketing, IT, Risk, Partner Services and more. This diverse team of experts, operators and specialists represent all levels from Partner to entry level Staff, operating across the globe in multiple countries.
Global Services rapid growth and expansion over the last few years has created a need for strong operations management, governance and leadership to better enable Global Services to support BCG’s world class Consulting & Knowledge and Analytics divisions. Global Services is in short the backbone of BCG and our ability grow apace with the other divisions and to continue to attract and develop top talent, directly impacts the entire Group.